1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 00:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]Beck is not a GOP talking head.
    And the tea party movement is grass roots despite your denials.

"The Tax Day Tea Party is a national collaborative grassroots effort originally organized by the DontGo Movement (the original/primary sponsor, which is now the American Liberty Alliance), Smart Girl Politics, Top Conservatives on Twitter and man ...[text shortened]... ement haven’t grasped the nature of the activism behind it."
    http://taxdayteaparty.com/about/[/b]
    Yes because a tea party promotional site is really going to say, "The tax day tea party is a movement that was taken over by the mainstream right-wing and is promoted by corporate giants like Fox News.

Oh, yeah. THIS is really "grassroots" lol

YouTube&feature=PlayList&p=2AB6913C6068A72F&index=0&playnext=1
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 00:20
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Yes because a tea party promotional site is really going to say, "The tax day tea party is a movement that was taken over by the mainstream right-wing and is promoted by corporate giants like Fox News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyacTyjmV6o&feature=PlayList&p=2AB6913C6068A72F&index=0&playnext=1
    the truth is scary,I know. I feel bad for you. There is gonna be one heck of a shake up coming for you little progressives.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyacTyjmV6o&feature=PlayList&p=2AB6913C6068A72F&index=0&playnext=1
    I think you're underestimating the depth of the tea party movement.

Yes, it was supported by Fox. That doesn't mean that it was started by Fox and it certainly would not have gotten to be as big as it has simply because Fox wants it to.

The reaction of the left to the tea party movement has been so contemptuous; so dismissive; so full of guttural anger, that it really does surprise me. Maybe it's because the left has always considered itself the Dean of the grass roots movements; I don't know.

The Democratic party could not make a bigger mistake than to dismiss the entire movement as a Fox orchestrated stunt. They need to talk to the people who believe in the movement; or are at least ambivalent towards it. If they continue to underestimate it, it just might come back to bite them in the rear end in November.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 18:01
    Originally posted by sh76
    [b]The ridiculous tea party movement is one of the top 10 news stories of 2009? why?

Because it's the grass roots genesis (or expression) of a political ideology the likes of which have not been seen in the US since the civil rights movement.

and how is this important for the rest of the world?

Insofar as who governs the United States has an ...[text shortened]... act on the rest of the World (which, of course, it does), very important. Beyond that, nothing.[/b]
    Because it's the grass roots genesis (or expression) of a political ideology the likes of which have not been seen in the US since the civil rights movement.

its not the first time in US history that a group of paranoid extremists come together. Their movement lack ideology, they only repeat vague statements like "taxation without representation" despite the fact that this is both inaccurate and surreal. Are they really as big a movement as the civil rights movement?

Insofar as who governs the United States

I don't believe they could influential to the point of deciding the outcome of elections.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 18:04
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [b]Beck is not a GOP talking head.
    And the tea party movement is grass roots despite your denials.

"The Tax Day Tea Party is a national collaborative grassroots effort originally organized by the DontGo Movement (the original/primary sponsor, which is now the American Liberty Alliance), Smart Girl Politics, Top Conservatives on Twitter and man ...[text shortened]... ement haven’t grasped the nature of the activism behind it."
    http://taxdayteaparty.com/about/[/b]
    I see, you've been drinking the ol' kool aid again...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree