Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 27 Jan '10 20:01
    Need a topic for a very important speech - any topic at all. Of course the main ones flew into my head (Global Warming, Population, CCTV etc) however I want my speech to be a little more unique, still one people can relate to, but something a little outside the box. I have a few ideas but more options would be amazing!

    Thanks
  2. Standard member joneschr
    Some guy
    27 Jan '10 20:12
    Speak about chess.
  3. 27 Jan '10 20:15
    Originally posted by ich binimKopfweg
    Need a topic for a very important speech - any topic at all. Of course the main ones flew into my head (Global Warming, Population, CCTV etc) however I want my speech to be a little more unique, still one people can relate to, but something a little outside the box. I have a few ideas but more options would be amazing!

    Thanks
    whose your audience?
  4. 27 Jan '10 20:16
    Originally posted by joneschr
    Speak about chess.
    hmmm, maybe "Does chess improve you logical capability?"

    Not sure whether there's any proof for that one - I wouldn't be able to back up any probing questions.

  5. 27 Jan '10 20:18
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    whose your audience?
    Varied. Have to compete against another group but the speech will be presented to a wide audience. Will be judged however.
  6. 27 Jan '10 20:25
    Here's a topic: Lady Gaga and what her music and taste in fashion says about today's culture. But everyone will expect an argument about why it's a sign of decline. Argue the opposite.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga
  7. 27 Jan '10 20:29
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Here's a topic: Lady Gaga and what her music and taste in fashion says about today's culture. But everyone will expect an argument about why it's a sign of decline. Argue the opposite.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga
    Shall check it out!

    Thanks!
  8. 27 Jan '10 20:38
    Here is a topic for you - that is worth all the points that you will get in your speech....

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Read_only_if_you_haven%27t_eaten......&threadid=125305

    Good luck. Protect the innocents!
  9. 27 Jan '10 20:42
    Originally posted by moveitgudt
    Here is a topic for you - that is worth all the points that you will get in your speech....

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Read_only_if_you_haven%27t_eaten......&threadid=125305

    Good luck. Protect the innocents!
    Ok, perhaps the topic's a little sensitive considering this will be for the public in Plymouth (they just had a major Paedophile inquiry involving nursery children)

  10. 27 Jan '10 20:49
    Originally posted by ich binimKopfweg
    Ok, perhaps the topic's a little sensitive considering this will be for the public in Plymouth (they just had a major Paedophile inquiry involving nursery children)

    Your call.
  11. 27 Jan '10 20:53
    Originally posted by moveitgudt
    Your call.
    Hmmm, not sure, will check with team mates!

    Thanks for contribution anyhow, I totally agree that this topic needs to be addressed.

  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    27 Jan '10 23:08
    Was James Madison a good man?
    Can men be feminists?
    What is the best society today?
    Might there be an American Caesar someday?
    Is homework a good idea?
  13. 28 Jan '10 00:23
    Originally posted by ich binimKopfweg
    Need a topic for a very important speech - any topic at all. Of course the main ones flew into my head (Global Warming, Population, CCTV etc) however I want my speech to be a little more unique, still one people can relate to, but something a little outside the box. I have a few ideas but more options would be amazing!

    Thanks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climategate
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Jan '10 01:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Was James Madison a good man?
    Can men be feminists?
    What is the best society today?
    Might there be an American Caesar someday?
    Is homework a good idea?
    "Things that cannot be achieved in full do not exist. Nor does the striving to acheive them."
  15. 28 Jan '10 18:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Was James Madison a good man?
    Can men be feminists?
    What is the best society today?
    Might there be an American Caesar someday?
    Is homework a good idea?
    Nice set there!

    Liking the feminist side!