1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '18 01:42
    Sweet:

A senior House Republican who was part of a highly classified Justice Department briefing last week said on Tuesday that the FBI acted properly when it deployed an informant to gather information from advisers to President Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said last week’s briefing, convened by the Justice Department under pressure from Trump, convinced him even further that the FBI’s information-gathering steps were appropriate.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got,” he said in an interview on Fox News. He added that the information also suggested that the effort had “nothing to do with Donald Trump.”

Gowdy’s comments are a significant pushback against Trump and his allies who have contended that the FBI’s use of an informant amounted to explosive political proof that the Obama administration embedded a spy in his campaign — an accusation that hasn’t been backed up by any available evidence.

According to Gowdy, the classified details also cut against the theory. In fact, he said, the FBI’s actions appeared to support what Trump himself has at times demanded: that investigators pursue any attempts by Russia to infiltrate his campaign and efforts by the Kremlin to interfere in the election.

“It looks to me like the FBI was doing what President Trump said: ‘I want you to do, find it out,’” Gowdy said. He added: “President Trump himself in the Comey memos said, ‘If anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it.’ Sounds to me like that was exactly what the FBI did.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/29/gowdy-fbi-informant-spygate-trump-611600
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 May '18 02:35
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Sweet:

A senior House Republican who was part of a highly classified Justice Department briefing last week said on Tuesday that the FBI acted properly when it deployed an informant to gather information from advisers to President Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said last week’s briefing, convened by the Justice Department ...[text shortened]... FBI did.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/29/gowdy-fbi-informant-spygate-trump-611600
    Gowdy’s comments are a significant pushback against Trump and his allies who have contended that the FBI’s use of an informant amounted to explosive political proof that the Obama administration embedded a spy in his campaign — an accusation that hasn’t been backed up by any available evidence.

Let us hope there are enough Republican lawmakers that think the same way Trey Gowdy does, because there are also maggot like creatures within the ranks of the GOP like Devin Nunes who are doing everything they can think of to kill the Mueller probe. Let us hope!
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    30 May '18 06:18
    Originally posted by @mchill

Let us hope there are enough Republican lawmakers that t ...[text shortened]... e Devin Nunes who are doing everything they can think of to kill the Mueller probe. Let us hope!
    #2 Maggot
    (After #1 Devin "Milktoast" Nunes)

Rep. Jim Jordan, Ohio
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 11:542 edits
    Sweet:

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said last week’s briefing, convened by the Justice Department ...[text shortened]... FBI did.”

All bark no bite gowdy...nothing new here.

"Mr. Gowdy’s parseltongue, obfuscation and deliberate conflation of events in an effort to cover for the Deep State operation is stunning. Notice how Gowdy intentionally conflates statements given by President Trump to FBI Director James Comey, with activity that took place a year beforehand? He’s gaslighting to protect the swamp. Nothing more."

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/05/29/trey-gowdy-praises-doj-fbi-efforts-during-spygate-fbi-did-exactly-what-president-trump-asked-them-to-do/
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 13:19
    Sweet:

All of a sudden a Gowdy fan, eh?

Hilarious! 😵
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '18 14:06
    Originally posted by @whodey
    All of a sudden a Gowdy fan, eh?

Hilarious! 😵
    When people as partisan as Gowdy, Andrew Napolitano and Shepard Smith all shoot down a ridiculous claim like Trymp's "Spygate" in a couple of hours on Fox News, maybe it's time for partisan hacks here to admit it's BS, too.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 14:09
    When people as partisan as Gowdy, Andrew Napolitano and Shepard Smith all shoot down a ridiculous claim like Trymp's "Spygate" in a couple of hours on Fox News, maybe it's time for partisan hacks here to admit it's BS, too.
    Ok, so what do they say about the Russia investigation?
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 14:29
    Gowdy, partisan? tell me ONE thing he has done other than talk?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 14:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Gowdy, partisan? tell me ONE thing he has done other than talk?
    Well I'm eager to hear from Marauder what Gowdy thinks of the Russia investigation since he seems to have such high regard for what he says.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '18 15:09
    Well I'm eager to hear from Marauder what Gowdy thinks of the Russia investigation since he seems to have such high regard for what he says.
    He's for it:

“I don’t know whether anyone colluded with the Russians, that’s who would be the target, but we’ll let Mueller figure it out,” Mr. Gowdy said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/4/trey-gowdy-robert-mueller-investigation-could-stil/
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 17:011 edit
    He's for it:

“I don’t know whether anyone colluded with the Russians, that’s who would be the target, but we’ll let Mueller figure it out,” Mr. Gowdy said.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/4/trey-gowdy-robert-mueller-investigation-could-stil/
    Wow!

So what is that bit about him being partisan again?

Sounds like you would vote for Gowdy.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 May '18 17:40
    Wow!

So what is that bit about him being partisan again?

Sounds like you would vote for Gowdy.
    === So what is that bit about him being partisan again? ===

You are demonstrating an interesting variation of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by @sh76
    === So what is that bit about him being partisan again? ===

You are demonstrating an interesting variation of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.
    Most Republicans seem to be "Mavericks" like McCain.

So are Republican appointed judges.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 18:282 edits
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/top-democrat-says-obama-shares-responsibility-russia-s-meddling-n848661

Oh dear, a top democrat is blaming the Obama administration for ignoring Russian meddling. This crap just has to stop, otherwise, how can we vote straight down party lines?

It's almost as if Obama and company thought Russian meddling was OK......until Trump won the Oval Office?

Hmm. Maybe Obama let it happen to try and use it against Trump knowing Hillary was doomed.

To be honest, I grow weary of all the conspiracy theories on both sides. We know nothing will come of any of it whether they be true of false and we already know both parties are hopelessly corrupt. Some people just like to watch monkeys sling poo.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 May '18 18:383 edits
    Gowdy seemed to be the hardest on Hillary

Does Marauder now reconsider his position on whether Hilary lied?

YouTube

No? The hell you say! 😲

The honest truth is the hardest pill to swallow.

Trump won because of the above video.

Putin was a nonfactor.

If not, I would love to know how Putin rigged the election.

Anyone?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree