1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Making it single-payer would be a good start.
    I actually thought before the election that Trump would inch closer to this Prog goal.

In fact, I view Trump as a Prog.

They say that every trillion dollar spent of taxpayer money an angel gets their wings.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Uh-huh. That must be why 25% of American voters voted against continuing policies that had brought down unemployment significantly. And of course those Midwest voters were super worried about all those immigrants coming to California taking jobs there.
    Border control is a valid concern for a multitude of reasons.

Feel free to mock those who are concerned about them and continue to lose elections.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    The best thing I can say for single-payer is that it's probably better than the crappy system under the ACA.
    Which was the design.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:55
    I'm a deficit hawk. But given that we're going to run up big deficits, infrastructure is as good an idea on what to spend it as anything else.

Better that than tax cuts for the rich.
    Sh, how in the hell can you have big deficits without a tax cut? 🙄
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 17:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    I actually thought before the election that Trump would inch closer to this Prog goal.

In fact, I view Trump as a Prog.

They say that every trillion dollar spent of taxpayer money an angel gets their wings.
    He is going to bring us Trumpcare. It will be great, fantastic,just wait and see, you're gonna love it.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:003 edits
    Which was the design.
    Shhhh, he doesn't know that. It was supposed to be a secret and still is according to the fake news he consumes.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:09
    Sh, how in the hell can you have big deficits without a tax cut? 🙄
    We already have big deficits.

Large infrastructure projects and tax cuts would each make them even bigger.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He is going to bring us Trumpcare. It will be great, fantastic,just wait and see, you're gonna love it.
    Let me guess, it's going to be Big League and tremendous, right?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 18:11
    We already have big deficits.

Large infrastructure projects and tax cuts would each make them even bigger.
    I was joking around again Sh.

Sarcasm is but a curse. 😞
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 19:26
    Border control is a valid concern for a multitude of reasons.

Feel free to mock those who are concerned about them and continue to lose elections.
    A multitude of very bad reasons to those who want to keep the government away from running their lives.

I am not running in any election and don't intend to, so I can neither win nor lose elections.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree