1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 18:441 edit
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-breaks-budget-impasse-paving-way-for-government-to-reopen/ar-AAv1qSW?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:00
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-breaks-budget-impasse-paving-way-for-government-to-reopen/ar-AAv1qSW?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
    Trump, as usual, did nothing.

Do you think Mitch McConnell will honor his public pledge to allow an up and down vote on immigration reform including DACA? How do you think that will end up considering the overwhelming public support for DACA?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:08
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Trump, as usual, did nothing.

Do you think Mitch McConnell will honor his public pledge to allow an up and down vote on immigration reform including DACA? How do you think that will end up considering the overwhelming public support for DACA?
    Oh I see, Trump only gets credit when its negative. The GOP has offered a way for these "dreamers" to gain citizenship, the dems shut down the govt. The dems want illegals to keep coming. But tell me, why should I try to reason with you? You have demonstrated your inability to admit when you are wrong.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:09
    Oh I see, Trump only gets credit when its negative. The GOP has offered a way for these "dreamers" to gain citizenship, the dems shut down the govt. The dems want illegals to keep coming. But tell me, why should I try to reason with you? You have demonstrated your inability to admit when you are wrong.
    What way did the GOP offer for the Dreamers to get citizenship? Please be specific,

What exactly did Trump do that he should get credit for as regards the end of the shutdown? Again, please be specific.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:21
    What way did the GOP offer for the Dreamers to get citizenship? Please be specific,

What exactly did Trump do that he should get credit for as regards the end of the shutdown? Again, please be specific.
    Kiss my A*S...is that specific enough? 😉
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:22
    They should have Congressional Hunger Games, winner take all! 😵
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:25
    Kiss my A*S...is that specific enough? 😉
    It's specific enough to make everyone realize that you made false claims. But since you do that here on a regular basis it comes as no surprise.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:47
    It's specific enough to make everyone realize that you made false claims. But since you do that here on a regular basis it comes as no surprise.
    Keep kissing buddy...I like it LOL
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 19:58
    Who won ?
    When the prize is a fractured country.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Who won ?
    The man that is trying to put this "fractured" country back together.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 20:17
    Who won ?
    The country is fractured and nothing Donald Trump has done, is doing or is likely to do in the future will unfracture it.

Trump had zero to do with ending the shutdown; the resolution was obtained in negotiations between the Democratic leadership in the Senate and Mitch McConnell, who said:

McConnell reiterated Monday morning that he would move to vote on an immigration bill if the two sides can’t agree to one by Feb. 8, as long as the government is still fully open.

“It would be my intention to take up legislation here in the Senate that would address DACA, border security, and related issues as well as disaster relief, defense funding, health care, and other important matters,” McConnell said. “It would be my strong preference for the Senate to consider a proposal that can actually be signed into law, a bipartisan, bicameral group is already negotiating, and I look forward to completion of its work.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-democrats-shutdown-daca_us_5a661365e4b0e56300720e59?07

Since disrupting negotiations on Friday, Trump has done little but watch cable news and tweet:

Schumer said he hadn’t spoken with Trump since their Friday meeting at the White House ― before the government shut down. “The great deal-making president sat on the sidelines,” he said.

This is all to the good; I suggested that the Congressional leadership simply ignore Trump and just send him bills to sign - they seem to have accepted this principle.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 20:36
    The country is fractured and nothing Donald Trump has done, is doing or is likely to do in the future will unfracture it.

Trump had zero to do with ending the shutdown; the resolution was obtained in negotiations between the Democratic leadership in the Senate and Mitch McConnell, who said:

McConnell reiterated Monday morning that he would move to ...[text shortened]... simply ignore Trump and just send him bills to sign - they seem to have accepted this principle.
    Your game is simple...damned if you do, damned if you don't. You are a cheap POS.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 21:23
    The man that is trying to put this "fractured" country back together.
    Accidental humor by an accidental comedian !! 😀
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '18 21:35
    Accidental humor by an accidental comedian !! 😀
    you don't understand...you're supposed to have a bit of wit about yourself...up your game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree