1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 02:13
    It has been alleged with various sources that Trump did not want to become President and his wife cried when he won.

Who here believes that?
  2. old pueblo
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 04:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    It has been alleged with various sources that Trump did not want to become President and his wife cried when he won.

Who here believes that?
    That had been discussed for months. The part in the book Fury and F***heads or whatever merely matches old news. His behavior since becoming president, including doing pretty much everything that he chastised Obama and Clinton for via Twitter over the past few years, are not the actions of someone expecting to face the same scrutiny.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 06:20

Who here believes that?
    Can't stop cheerleading, can you?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 07:13
    It is hard to get into the mind of someone whose already limited faculties are further diminished by senility and mental decay. It is clear, however, that Trump didn't expect to win (despite polls giving him a good chance at winning), and losing certainly would have been a better outcome for him.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 07:25
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    It is hard to get into the mind of someone whose already limited faculties are further diminished by senility and mental decay. It is clear, however, that Trump didn't expect to win (despite polls giving him a good chance at winning), and losing certainly would have been a better outcome for him.
    As it is, he was figuratively nearly killed with the "Now put up or shut up!" stick.

This is why he keeps going back to his base. They still worship him, no matter what. Maybe they see him as "one of their own" who actually made a few bucks despite his crippling stupidity.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 10:17
    It has been alleged with various sources that Drumpf did not want to become President and his wife cried when he won.

Who here believes that?
    everyone

not just because of the book. the book merely confirms what everyone's thinking.

Trump wanted people to pay attention to him run for 15 minutes and then spend the next 4 years on TV telling everyone how the current president is horrible and how he would have done a much better job if only the media/establishment/illuminati didn't ally to stop him from being elected. Not in his (or everyone's) wildest dreams did he think he actually has a chance
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 11:001 edit
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    everyone

not just because of the book. the book merely confirms what everyone's thinking.

Trump wanted people to pay attention to him run for 15 minutes and then spend the next 4 years on TV telling everyone how the current president is horrible and how he would have done a much better job if only the media/establishment/illuminati didn't ally to s ...[text shortened]... m being elected. Not in his (or everyone's) wildest dreams did he think he actually has a chance
    I find it odd that both Trump and Hillary had the same type of reaction regarding the same election outcomes.

Having said that, I would much rather have a reluctant President than I would someone like Hillary who becomes psychotic cuz she lost.

The only other reluctant President I can think of would be George Washington.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 13:14
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Agreed.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 17:12
    I find it odd that both Trump and Hillary had the same type of reaction regarding the same election outcomes.

Having said that, I would much rather have a reluctant President than I would someone like Hillary who becomes psychotic cuz she lost.

I don't believe you. Your support for President Trump, however reluctant you may pretend it to be, consigns you to the world's laughingstock for the remainder of your life, your desperate whataboutisms notwithstanding of course.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 17:32

Who here believes that?
    The majority of Americans didn’t want him either.

Oh the irony!!!
    Ohhh
    Ooohhhhhhh...

Sorry. Need a tissue.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 19:28

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 20:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "I expect that Donald Trump will use the Presidency to enrich himself and his family."
    yeah I've heard that is the best way for a billionaire to come up...LMFAO! Damn what some fools here. And discussing a book the author himself admits is not true...
  13. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jan '18 20:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Trump's already doing that, and quite blatantly so. American democracy is notoriously weak and its anti-corruption legislation laughably lax - but it is so weak, and so lax that Trump will survive his first term? That remains to be seen. Trump would have certainly been at lower risk of dodgy financial dealings being exposed while still a private citizen, and he would have been able to spend the next few years golfing and living in comfort before being hospitalized.
  14. old pueblo
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 01:43
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "I expect that Donald Trump will use the Presidency to enrich himself and his family."
    yeah I've heard that is the best way for a billionaire to come up...LMFAO! Damn what some fools here. And discussing a book the author himself admits is not true...
    1. We only have his word for it that he's an actual billionaire, and not someone who looks like one but is actually in extreme debt (and thus has negative equity).
    2. You saw his tax returns? The rest of us haven't.
    3. He charges the Secret Service to protect his ample bottom while he is at his own properties every weekend, raking in the big bucks from that.
    4. Do you have a source that says the author admits the book isn't true, or is that FOX "news" stuff?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jan '18 01:54

Seriously?

Can you EVEN imagine the screaming in the press had he lost?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree