1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 16:491 edit
    Trump said that "122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!" However, more more than 90% of those detainees were released during the George W. Bush administration, not that of Obama.

It's astounding to me that no matter how many wild stories, and outright lies this man tells, his followers look upon him with glazed over eyes and worship him like the Messiah.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-hits-obama-falsely-over-gitmo/ar-AAnYuxE
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 17:07
    Originally posted by mchill
    Trump said that "122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!" However, more more than 90% of those detainees were released during the George W. Bush administration, not that of Obama.

It's astounding to me that no matter how many wild stories, and outright lies ...[text shortened]... iah.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-hits-obama-falsely-over-gitmo/ar-AAnYuxE
    Assuming that 122 prisoners were released by someone and have returned to the battlefield (whatever exactly that means), this is a comparatively minor lie compared to Trump's other whoppers.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Assuming that 122 prisoners were released by someone and have returned to the battlefield (whatever exactly that means), this is a comparatively minor lie compared to Trump's other whoppers.
    No, this could be considered a "whopper" as well. This lie implies:

a) Obama let loose known terrorists, who

b) went back to committing more acts of terrorism.

Trump (of course) has no evidence for either of those claims.

===this is a comparatively minor lie compared to Trump's other whoppers===
    The fact that we now judge Trump's lies based on whether they're "whoppers" or not, rather than on whether they're true or not, is one of the most depressing low points in the history of the U.S. presidency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree