1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 May '17 09:394 edits
    Dear Trump supporters....All is not well in Trump land these days. Things are just not working out as planned, are they?? "The Donald" can't seem to get much done. He's angry, he's bitter, he lashes out at the media, the RINO'S in his own party, the Liberals, the judiciary, and almost everyone else. "The Donald" has a Republican controlled Senate, and a Republican controlled House. It doesn't get much friendlier than this, and still his agenda isn't moving So, what's the problem? I hate to break it to you Trumpsters, but "The Donald" and his supporters have forgotten something kind of important: The founding fathers of our nation, and framers of our constitution did NOT design the executive branch of our government to function the same way as a New York real estate development company! If "The Donald" doesn't bring in someone who has experience in governing on a Federal level and start listening to that person, he's going to continue to struggle. The idea of electing an outsider as President to "shake things up" sounds like a slick idea, but unless that person has some guidance from someone who know's how to pass laws, and move legislation forward on the Federal level, it's just not going to work. I'm sure it's tempting for the Trump folks to wallow in a pool of pity, and blame others for your problems, but it's time to face the fact that "The Donald" does not know how to do this job, to make matters worse he's surrounded himself with friends, family members, and generals, who don't know how to do this job either.

* A bricklayer is not a jeweler
    * A window washer is not a lawyer
    * A General is not a lobbyist
    * A CEO is not a social secretary
    * A family member is not a Senator
    * And a Real Estate developer is not a President (well...not an effective President anyway)

Those are the facts Jack. Just the Facts! 😀
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '17 12:18
    What seems to be largely forgotten in all this is that a government is not, and should not be, run by one man. Sure, the president is the leader, but if things get this bad, you shouldn't be laying all the blame on Trump. Every single politician enabling the current situation (and that's most of them) is also to blame.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '17 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What seems to be largely forgotten in all this is that a government is not, and should not be, run by one man. Sure, the president is the leader, but if things get this bad, you shouldn't be laying all the blame on Trump. Every single politician enabling the current situation (and that's most of them) is also to blame.
    But I believe that the institutions themselves are still salvageable, if only the People would start showing a hell of a lot more discernment in whom they vote for. Corporations are not people, and the representatives we put in office should put the concerns of the People above their own and above the concerns of the Corporations.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 May '17 14:463 edits
    Originally posted by mchill
    Dear Trump supporters....All is not well in Trump land these days. Things are just not working out as planned, are they?? "The Donald" can't seem to get much done. He's angry, he's bitter, he lashes out at the media, the RINO'S in his own party, the Liberals, the judiciary, and almost everyone else. "The Donald" has a Republican controlled Senate, and a Repub ...[text shortened]... dent (well...not an effective President anyway)

Those are the facts Jack. Just the Facts! 😀
    Polls have yet to show Donald ahead in anything, even before the election. Polls will never show correct results because no one wants to admit supporting Donald and never will, especially in such a PC culture.

What you have to face is the fact that Americans are sick to death of both parties and as both parties continue their witch hunt against Donald, it will probably do nothing other than make his supporters all that much more ardent.

After all, any half wit can see the hypocrisy in government as the rampant corruption in government with scandal after scandal goes unchecked yet we are someone suppose to give a damn about Donald?

The real issue though is how both parties are so out of touch with the average American, as they watch their standard of living slide farther and farther into the crapper without politicians even acknowledging it. Unless you live in California or New York City, chances are you are hurting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Donald is the "fix" that most Americans think he is. I'm just telling you that throwing Donald under the bus will merely generate more hostility and division, but then, that seems to be what those in government want.

In the end, this post Constitutional government has gone so far off the rails that I'm not sure it really matters to be honest.

So I reckon have at it. Finish it! 😠
  5. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 May '17 17:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And the voters who put them there.
  6. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    19 May '17 17:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Polls have yet to show Donald ahead in anything, even before the election. Polls will never show correct results because no one wants to admit supporting Donald and never will, especially in such a PC culture.

What you have to face is the fact that Americans are sick to death of both parties and as both parties continue their witch hunt against Donald, it ...[text shortened]... ls that I'm not sure it really matters to be honest.

So I reckon have at it. Finish it! 😠
    Or the people who voted for Trump are so void of reality that they'd chew off their noses to spite their faces!

And now Trump's defecating on their snouts and they have no nostrils to pinch.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '17 18:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But I believe that the institutions themselves are still salvageable, if only the People would start showing a hell of a lot more discernment in whom they vote for. Corporations are not people, and the representatives we put in office should put the concerns of the People above their own and above the concerns of the Corporations.
    I agree. But there are two current problems in US politics:
    1. An over emphasis on the president. The president should be just another senator or representative in status. There should be more focus on electing all the representatives both nationally and at state level.
    2. There is too much money in the campaign processes meaning that a) who you vote for is often largely a factor of who has the largest campaign fund and b) who wins spends much of their time and effort trying to please the financiers of campaigns so as to get financing for their next term. Seriously, even your judges get campaign donations. The corruption is in the judiciary too.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '17 22:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '17 22:502 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree