1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:30
    Jesus, is there anything this guy touches that isn't illegal?:

esident Donald Trump's personal charity will shut down and disperse whatever funds it still has under a new agreement announced Tuesday by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood.

The attorney general’s office sued the Trump Foundation in June, alleging the president and several of his children used it for their personal and political benefit. That lawsuit, which seeks millions of dollars in restitution, will continue, even as the foundation agrees to cease existence.

The agreement, which still must be approved by a judge, requires the Trump Foundation to submit a list of not-for-profit groups that will receive distributions from the remaining assets.

Underwood alleged in her lawsuit that Trump’s charity was, for years, “little more than an empty shell” with no oversight by a functioning board of directors, and she pointed out that the nonprofit had not had a board meeting since 1999.

Underwood said the foundation also made a series of questionable donations to other charitable organizations to settle legal claims involving Trump businesses, including his South Florida Mar-a-Lago retreat, while another donation went toward promoting Trump’s international hotels. The attorney general’s office also alleged that Trump handed over control of the charity to his presidential campaign in 2016, as it made strategic donations to charities and events in key campaign states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-foundation-to-shut-down-1067924

There's a new Attorney General coming in a few weeks in New York State and she's promised a full legal investigation of all Trump's questionable activities in the State. Maybe he'll wind up in a New York prison rather than a Club Fed.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:481 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Jesus, is there anything this guy touches that isn't illegal?:

esident Donald Trump's personal charity will shut down and disperse whatever funds it still has under a new agreement announced Tuesday by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood.

The attorney general’s office sued the Trump Foundation in June, alleging the president and several of his childre ...[text shortened]... estionable activities in the State. Maybe he'll wind up in a New York prison rather than a Club Fed.
    Oh Yeah, despite all these investigations, guilty pleas, lies, cover up's and indictments regarding Donald Trump and his minions, his supporters still clutch their little bibles and look on him like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus. I just don't get it.
  3. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 21:55
    4 more years! 😋
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 23:05
    @nomorechess said
    4 more years! 😋
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...Then again I never thought the American people would VOTE him in as President either!!!!

-VR
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 23:34
    @nomorechess said
    4 more years! 😋
    Lock him up!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree