1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 02:58
    @averagejoe1 said
    Actually I was talked into JohnDeere which will see better return when China blinks. Still holding that one.
    You never mentioned.
    But you did extol the wisdom of buying Caterpillar. ....

What is your recommendation now?
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 14:11
    I dont know much, but a good broker does. She says Cat is a buy, and Deere. Intel, natural gas stock, etc etc, heck it is always a crap shoot. But in the end, it ALL goes up if it is a good company. I figure the China deal in the end, tho Trump upset the apple cart (for good reason), in the long run will have a positive worldwide effect. On a level playing field, the US will shine. Kraft even lost about 25% yesterday, may be a good buy. VW,(fraud) Carnival(killed 35 people in a wreck)Toyota, all had business probs, stock dropped, bought heck out of it, they are way up. Memories are short!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Feb '19 23:29
    @averagejoe1 said
    I dont know much, but a good broker does. She says Cat is a buy, and Deere. Intel, natural gas stock, etc etc, heck it is always a crap shoot. But in the end, it ALL goes up if it is a good company. I figure the China deal in the end, tho Trump upset the apple cart (for good reason), in the long run will have a positive worldwide effect. On a level playing field, the ...[text shortened]... all had business probs, stock dropped, bought heck out of it, they are way up. Memories are short!
    No recommendations then.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Feb '19 02:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    No recommendations then.
    Usually Index funds for the weak of heart, but even this last week, WSJ had a not so great article on them!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree