1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny, what do you think Obama paid?
    Obama made about 1/300 of what Trump did and has paid from 18-20%. http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/15/news/obama-tax-return/index.html

If Trump gets his way, he'd eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax which accounted for more than 80% of his 2005 tax bill. http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-abolish-alternative-minimum-tax-2005-return-2017-3
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 14:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obama made about 1/300 of what Trump did and has paid from 18-20%. http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/15/news/obama-tax-return/index.html

If Trump gets his way, he'd eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax which accounted for almost 90% of his 2005 tax bill.
    So now you hold Obama higher because Trump made too much money.

Pathetic
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 14:261 edit
    So now you hold Obama higher because Trump made too much money.

Pathetic
    Do you know that our tax system is supposed to be "progressive"?

Really right wingers on this site act like borderline idiots.

I hold Trump to be a douche no matter what his income level is. But the point is that in our tax system, the rich are supposed to pay a higher percentage.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 14:30
    Do you know that our tax system is supposed to be "progressive"?

Really right wingers on this site act like borderline idiots.
    Actually, you are the borderline idiot. If he paid $36,500,000 in taxes and broke no law then the issue should be dead and Trump should be praised for his significant positive financial contributions to the public coffers.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 16:30
    So government healthcare is not funded by taxes in Germany?
    It is not "government healthcare". The System is that everybody is member of a "Krankenkasse". There are "public" and "private" ones. the private ones work just as they do in the US I presume. You pay a premium based on the expected health cost.
    You have to have some Minimum income to become a member of those.
    People who don't qualify for the private and those who Chose to be are in the "public" Krankenkassen. (There is competition) I am for example a voluntary member. Premiums are calculated according to income (like taxes, but without the possibility to get anything back). Employers have to pay part of the cost also accoring to income, making work expensive in Germany.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 16:38
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It is not "government healthcare". The System is that everybody is member of a "Krankenkasse". There are "public" and "private" ones. the private ones work just as they do in the US I presume. You pay a premium based on the expected health cost.
    You have to have some Minimum income to become a member of those.
    People who don't qualify for the private ...[text shortened]... mployers have to pay part of the cost also accoring to income, making work expensive in Germany.
    So it is a tax that you are not counting as a tax. We have those too, ours is called a FICA tax.

Your rich can opt out of yours?
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 17:49
    So government healthcare is not funded by taxes in Germany?
    In the Netherlands younpay seperately for your health insurance.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 18:34
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    In Germany you pay from 22 to 46 % tax for work, but only 25% for capital gains. Probably the same in the Netherlans and the USA.
    To my knowledge the Netherlands do not have a capital gains tax but there is a tax on capital holdings, 1.2% of the value of capital (above a certain threshold) per year as I recall.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 18:40
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    In the Netherlands younpay seperately for your health insurance.
    Forced or voluntary?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:14
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Actually, you are the borderline idiot. If he paid $36,500,000 in taxes and broke no law then the issue should be dead and Trump should be praised for his significant positive financial contributions to the public coffers.
    Why should he be "praised" for paying his taxes? Because he's rich? You don't go around praising working class people for paying their taxes, do you?

Furthermore, he has loudly campaigned for abolishing the one tax that accounted for over 80% of his taxes without which he would have paid a pathetically small share of his income in taxes. Should he be "praised" for that, too?
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 21:31
    Why should he be "praised" for paying his taxes? Because he's rich? You don't go around praising working class people for paying their taxes, do you?

Furthermore, he has loudly campaigned for abolishing the one tax that accounted for over 80% of his taxes without which he would have paid a pathetically small share of his income in taxes. Should he be "praised" for that, too?
    Let's stop with this percentage b.s. The only terms that matter when you pay a bill are absolute dollars and he paid a lot of dollars. Thus, if he complied with the law and I see no evidence that he did not, the issue should be completely dead.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:211 edit
    Let's stop with this percentage b.s. The only terms that matter when you pay a bill are absolute dollars and he paid a lot of dollars. Thus, if he complied with the law and I see no evidence that he did not, the issue should be completely dead.
    No, let's not. Just because you don't believe in the principles of the progressive income tax, doesn't mean that a vast majority of Americans don't. That Trump would have paid only a tiny fraction of his income in taxes IF the AMT is abolished is quite relevant since that proposal is almost certain to be included in his "tax reform" package.

Furthermore, this is only one year of his taxes; unlike every President for almost 50 years, he has absolutely refused to make public his tax returns. Even this isn't his "tax return" has it doesn't include all the schedules (which would give a far better view of his myriad business dealings). So there really isn't any reason the issue should be "dead"; he should immediately release all his relevant returns and financial information. It seems quite possible that it was the White House who leaked this one particular return where he probably paid a higher percentage then in other years.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:27
    No, no, they don't want revenue cuz they want to implode the economy with debt so they can set up their one world order
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:28
    No, let's not. Just because you don't believe in the principles of the progressive income tax, doesn't mean that a vast majority of Americans don't. That Trump would have paid only a tiny fraction of his income in taxes IF the AMT is abolished is quite relevant since that proposal is almost certain to be included in his "tax reform" package.

Furthermo ...[text shortened]... eaked this one particular return where he probably paid a higher percentage then in other years.
    Paying the taxes the government decided to collect isn't good enough for you.

OK

Do you follow this reasoning when you pay taxes?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 22:44
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Really? I pay 38% taxes... and I don't earn anything like that.
    In fact, my pay is so low I presume I'm a slave or something.
    That is highly suspect if you are talking about US federal income tax. There are brackets but not every dollar you earned is taxed at the highest bracket you are in. And the highest bracket only takes 39.6% of AGI OVER $415,050.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree