1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:42
    And this is in the city with the strictest gun control laws in the country. Yepper...gun control is extremely effective.
    WND EXCLUSIVE
    CHICAGO MURDERS TOP AFGHANISTAN DEATH TOLL
    City where no handgun purchases allowed sets pace for violence
    Published: 01/16/2013 at 1:48 PM
    by MICHAEL THOMPSON
    Email | Archive
    Read
    Michael Thompson works in the marketing department for WND.com and WND Books and is the social media manager for WND.

The death toll by murder in Chicago over the past decade is greater than the number of American forces who have died in Afghanistan since the beginning of Operation Enduring Freedom, according to a police analysis.

In addition, police reports in Chicago – where President Obama once worked as a community organizer and where his former chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, now serves as mayor – show most of the city’s massive murder mayhem is black-on-black crime.

A WND review of the Chicago Police Department Murder Analysis reports from 2003 to 2011 provides a statistical breakdown of the demographics of both the victims and offenders in the 4,265 murders in Chicago over that time period.

Of the victims of murder in Chicago from 2003 to 2011, an average of 77 percent had a prior arrest history, with a high of 79 percent of the 436 murdered in Chicago in 2010 having arrest histories.

For the same 2003-2011 period, blacks were the victims of 75 percent of 4,265 murders. Blacks also were the offenders in 75 percent of the murders.

According to 2010 U.S. Census information, Chicago has a population of 2,695,598 people. The city is 33 percent black, 32 percent white (not Hispanic), and 30 percent Hispanic or Latino in origin.

For the 2003-2011 period, whites were nearly 6 percent of the victims and accused of carrying out 4 percent of the murders.

For the 2003-2011 period, Hispanics or Latinos were 19 percent of the victims and 20 percent of the offenders.

Between 2003 and 2011, 4,265 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. In 2012 alone, 512 people were murdered in the city.

Operation Enduring Freedom, the name for the war in Afghanistan, which started Oct. 7, 2001, has seen a total of 2,166 killed. The war has been ongoing for 11 years, 3 months and one week.

Operation Iraqi Freedom, the name for the war in Iraq, which started March 20, 2003, and ended Dec. 15, 2011, saw a total of 4,422 killed.

In a city with some of the toughest gun control laws in America, where a handgun cannot be purchased, Fox News reported that Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy “acknowledged aiming at assault weapons misses the mark when dealing with Chicago’s gang violence.”

“The weapon used is generally a handgun, and rarely is it purchased through legal channels,” he said.

A WND review of the Chicago Police Department Murder Analysis reports from 2003 to 2011 provides a statistical breakdown of the manners in which people were murdered in Chicago.

Of the 4,251 people murdered, 3,371 died from being shot, with 98 percent of the murder weapons being a handgun. Thirty-seven people were killed with a rifle (caliber of bullet not specified), and 40 were killed with a shotgun.

In 27 of the murders, the type of gun used could not be determined by the Chicago Police Department.

Murders by stabbing in Chicago accounted for 9 percent of the total between 2003 and 2011; 7 percent of the people murdered in Chicago between 2003 and 2011 died from what the Chicago Police Department classifies as “assault”; 92 people were killed by strangulation; 27 people by blunt force; 15 by asphyxiation; and 51 people were categorized in the “other” category.

A closer look at the instruments used in some of the 4,251 murders between 2003 and 2011 reveals:

In 2011, one person was killed with a pocketknife, one a baseball bat and one was asphyxiated with a pry bar.
    In 2010, three people were killed with a kitchen knife, two with a baseball bat, one with a wooden board, one with rope/cordage and one with gasoline (burning).
    In 2009, a pocketknife was used as the murder weapon once, as well as a concrete block/brick and baseball bat. Clothing was also used once in a strangulation murder.
    In 2008, a baseball bat was used twice, clothing once and gasoline once as murder weapons.
    In 2007, a baseball bat and a pipe were both used twice. A hammer was used four times. An electrical or phone cord was used once.
    In 2006, a baseball bat was used four times.
    In 2005, a screwdriver was used twice, a baseball four times, a bottle once, a hammer once and clothing once.
    In 2004, a screwdriver was used once, a baseball bat seven times; a pipe, a tire iron, a bottle, and a concrete block/brick were all used once apiece. A pillow and an electrical or phone cord were also used once.

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/01/chicago-murders-top-afghanistan-death-toll/#pehKjQj1W5ZZSMHR.99
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:45
    Its the Capones doing it I bet
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 20:49
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    And this is in the city with the strictest gun control laws in the country. Yepper...gun control is extremely effective.
    WND EXCLUSIVE
    CHICAGO MURDERS TOP AFGHANISTAN DEATH TOLL
    City where no handgun purchases allowed sets pace for violence
    Published: 01/16/2013 at 1:48 PM
    by MICHAEL THOMPSON
    Email | Archive
    Read
    Michael Thompson works in ...[text shortened]... at http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/01/chicago-murders-top-afghanistan-death-toll/#pehKjQj1W5ZZSMHR.99
    I'm sure all those guns in the hands of Americas fine, God fearing citizens are making us safer!😏
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:41
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure all those guns in the hands of Americas fine, God fearing citizens are making us safer!😏
    Don't you see? If there were more guns in chicago then there would be less gunfire.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:43
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Don't you see? If there were more guns in chicago then there would be less gunfire.
    Gun control laws are completely ineffective at preventing gun violence in Chicago. Why are they going to work somewhere else?
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:47
    Gun control laws are completely ineffective at preventing gun violence in Chicago. Why are they going to work somewhere else?
    I don't think a city-wide gun ban can work on its own. Cities on their own have very limited power to control guns within their limits.

I don't think Chicago on its own is proof (or even good evidence) that any and all forms of gun control would be ineffective.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:49
    I don't think a city-wide gun ban can work on its own. Cities on their own have very limited power to control guns within their limits.

I don't think Chicago on its own is proof (or even good evidence) that any and all forms of gun control would be ineffective.
    Wow.

So the solution to an ineffective policy is to replicate that policy on a larger scale.

Novel.
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 21:522 edits
    Wow.

So the solution to an ineffective policy is to replicate that policy on a larger scale.

Novel.
    WOw.

You either have horrible reading comprehension or you just are that dense.

Unsurprising.
  9. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:131 edit
    WOw.

You either have horrible reading comprehension or you just are that dense.

Unsurprising.
    "Cities on their own have very limited power to control guns within their limits".

That's a clear call for stricter gun control outside city limits, i.e. everywhere.

Chicago = strictest gun control laws in the US = highest gun death rate in the US = higher gun death rate than a war zone. And you want more gun control. You're calling me dense?
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:161 edit
    "Cities on their own have very limited power to control guns within their limits".

That's a clear call for stricter gun control outside city limits, i.e. everywhere.

Chicago = strictest gun control laws in the US = highest gun death rate in the US. And you want more gun control. You're calling me dense?
    You suggested that I wanted to replicate Chicago's laws on a larger scale. I did not say that or imply that.

I said that countries and states have better capabilities to implement various forms of gun control.

What I said was a clear call for stricter gun control limits, but what you apparently were to dense to understand was that it was not a call to replicate Chicago's laws on a wider scale.

You also appear to think gun control has only one form and that somehow just Chicago somehow proves that there is a causal relationship between gun control laws and gun violence where there are tons of counter examples that you seem to predictably ignore.

So, yes, I was calling you dense.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:331 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am not sure if Chicago or any city can do anything to prevent that. They can do things that help prevent gun crime in other ways though.

I also don't think that any form of gun control is some silver bullet. I don't think there is any single policy that will somehow solve the gun violence problem.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 22:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Jan '13 23:101 edit
    You suggested that I wanted to replicate Chicago's laws on a larger scale. I did not say that or imply that.

I said that countries and states have better capabilities to implement various forms of gun control.

What I said was a clear call for stricter gun control limits, but what you apparently were to dense to understand was that it was not a cal ter examples that you seem to predictably ignore.

So, yes, I was calling you dense.
    I said "policy", Not "laws". Read it again. Big difference.

You're completely off base, as usual. What I appear to think to you and what I actually stated are two very different things. There is no causal relationship between gun control laws and gun violence in Chicago. That's precisely my point.

Got it now, or are you going to find a way to twist that too?
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '13 01:332 edits

You're completely off base, as usual. What I appear to think to you and what I actually stated are two very different things. There is no causal relationship between gun control laws and gun violence in Chicago. That's precisely my point.

Except I don't support replicating the exact policy either. So what? Even with that same change it's still a misrepresentation of what I said.

What I appear to think to you and what I actually stated are two very different things.

I'd say the same to you, but you probably wouldn't listen.

There is no causal relationship between gun control laws and gun violence in Chicago. That's precisely my point.

So we agree on something. Except that point doesn't provide much evidence or support for your case that all gun control laws are useless. That's precisely my point.

I'd ask the same question to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree