1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 10:512 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I don't think there is anything remotely "humoring" about Romanian Police Brutality, Zahlanzi.

Is Romanian police brutality a subject that you find interesting?
    Is there anyone on this forum interested in Romanian politics or affairs? Not that I have noticed. The forum has been commandeered by Americans. People from other countries have a choice - debate American politics or debate nothing. However, since Americans are not embarrassed to own their poisonous attitudes in front of a global audience, however small in numbers, and do not blush to advocate American style responses to problems in other countries, then it is fair play to respond and challenge those Americans with evidence of their own failings as a democracy.

But they don't like it do they! They like to stand bravely in the middle of Arizona or Alabama or some other God foresaken outpost of McDonalds and bravely fly their flag where there is nobody for several thousand miles in any direction to care less. But they get all precious and confused when their bigotry is open to question and challenge from distant lands they could not put a finger on the globe to locate properly. Pig ignorance, bigotry and jingoism - they hate to be laughed at and exposed for the fools they are.

When we get a Romanian contingent on this forum looking for an argument then we can all join in and enjoy the crack. Meanwhile it is open season on Americans. Have a nice day!
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 11:062 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Is there anyone on this forum interested in Romanian politics or affairs? Not that I have noticed. The forum has been commandeered by Americans. People from other countries have a choice - debate American politics or debate nothing. However, since Americans are not embarrassed to own their poisonous attitudes in front of a global audience, however small i ...[text shortened]... can all join in and enjoy the crack. Meanwhile it is open season on Americans. Have a nice day!
    Nobody had "commandeered" anything. Threads on Brexit and the EU, the Irish-British dispute and the middle east often get hundreds of posts and are as hot as any Ameri-centric thread. As it happens, recently, almost all thread starters are either Americans discussing American politics or Ameri-haters bashing the US. For whatever reason, reasonable non-Americans (KN and Teinosuke for two examples) don't like to start threads. It doesn't have to be that way, though.

The point about Zahlanzi is that probably nobody believes anymore that he's really Romanian. While it's believable that a European would want to discuss American politics, it's hard to believe that a non-American would be so engrossed in the day-to-day partisan slugfest that is American politics as to start almost daily threads in defense of an American political viewpoint. I think Zahlanzi may have Romanian background, but probably lives in San Francisco or Boston or some such place and uses the Romanian flag to give off an air of detachment when he's every bit as partisan as so many American posters here.

GKR can correct me if I'm wrong, but my sense is that is the point if his attack on Z in this thread.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 11:22
    Originally posted by sh76
    Nobody had "commandeered" anything. Threads on Brexit and the EU, the Irish-British dispute and the middle east often get hundreds of posts and are as hot as any Ameri-centric thread. As it happens, recently, almost all thread starters are either Americans discussing American politics or Ameri-haters bashing the US. For whatever reason, reasonable non-Americans ...[text shortened]... an correct me if I'm wrong, but my sense is that is the point if his attack on Z in this thread.
    Pretty much correct. Based on previous posts I find it extremely hard to believe he is Romanian, but since I can't prove this I'm going to assume he is Romanian.

In which case what we got here (same for finnegan, by the way) is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country. This I feel is an unhealthy situation. Imagine Whodey or Eladar starting thread after thread bashing Romania. Likewise, I would feel they ought to look more at their own backyard instead of criticizing those of others.

I'm far from a defender of America but this ridiculous continuous attacking of America by finnegan and Zahlanzi is nothing more than a case of senseless criticizing an easy target - eventhough the world is much bigger and often much worse than America.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 12:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    Nobody had "commandeered" anything. Threads on Brexit and the EU, the Irish-British dispute and the middle east often get hundreds of posts and are as hot as any Ameri-centric thread. As it happens, recently, almost all thread starters are either Americans discussing American politics or Ameri-haters bashing the US. For whatever reason, reasonable non-Americans ...[text shortened]... an correct me if I'm wrong, but my sense is that is the point if his attack on Z in this thread.
    "The point about Zahlanzi is that probably nobody believes anymore that he's really Romanian"
    good. never was relevant to anything i posted.

" I think Zahlanzi may have Romanian background, but probably lives in San Francisco or Boston or some such place and uses the Romanian flag to give off an air of detachment when he's every bit as partisan as so many American posters here."
    detachment? why would i want that? when have i said i am not partisan? i am liberal on some issues, i am conservative on some other issues.

"While it's believable that a European would want to discuss American politics, it's hard to believe that a non-American would be so engrossed in the day-to-day partisan slugfest that is American politics as to start almost daily threads in defense of an American political viewpoint"
    as i have said before, whether we like it or not, the US is still very influential on world culture. if the US is a good example, the world benefits. that is one explanation why i come here, not that i owed you one. the second one is that i am bored at work and it is my guilty pleasure to come here and make fun of how utterly incompetent you people are at debating. well the ones on the right. some of the ones on the left are much better at it but i rarely find myself in opposition with them. It is my guilty pleasure to point out how stupid it is to defend the second amendment while ignoring someone's right to life and safety. How idiotic it is to be anti gay marriage. How idiotic it is to try to restrict a woman's right to her own body (or forbid 14 year old rape victims to abort the child they had with their rapist).

Sure, if i were serious about debating, i would go on idebate.org or something similar and not have a troll hijack a serious thread (with an ad hominem) about another black man getting shot by police. A debate moderator would have seen that and get the rat on track or kick him out of the conversation. That however is pro-debating. I like to debate casually. Sometimes i get that here, this time i didn't.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 12:19
    Pretty much correct. Based on previous posts I find it extremely hard to believe he is Romanian, but since I can't prove this I'm going to assume he is Romanian.

In which case what we got here (same for finnegan, by the way) is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country. This I feel is an unhealthy situation. ...[text shortened]... ticizing an easy target - eventhough the world is much bigger and often much worse than America.
    "is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country."
    incorrect to the point of slander. i am bashing aspects that are clearly wrong in a particular country, on a forum on which the majority of participants post almost exclusively about that particular country.

want to talk about a different country? my challenge stands: make a thread about Romania and see how many are interested. you won't because you know nobody cares about romania.

"Imagine Whodey or Eladar starting thread after thread bashing Romania"
    they already do that (whodey at least) bashing obama and clinton. people are bored. i am sure they would be thrilled about

"Likewise, I would feel they ought to look more at their own backyard instead of criticizing those of others."
    so unless you are perfect, you have no right to criticize others. can ANYONE start a debate if we hold that to be true? whodey has no right to criticize obama because trump is worse?

"eventhough the world is much bigger and often much worse than America"
    absolutely anything has something much bigger and much worse than it. does it mean you can't criticize anything?

for example, are you not allowed to give 9/11 first responders the medical care they richly deserve (something i already mentioned in past thread) because there are children dying of aids/ebola/malaria in third world country? you aren't allowed to try to solve minor problems first? it is better to stare at a big problem rather than fix the world on thing, no matter how tiny, at a time?
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 13:244 edits

In which case what we got here (same for finnegan, by the way) is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country. This I feel is an unhealthy situation. ...[text shortened]... ticizing an easy target - eventhough the world is much bigger and often much worse than America.
    In which case what we got here (same for finnegan, by the way) is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country.

The thread list shows thirty thread titles per page and in a search of 30 pages (900 threads) I have found ELEVEN threads that I started. With page numbers, [of course these page numbers will rapidly shift as new threads start up] these are

1. Cui Bono
    1. Your First Lady
    2. White Entitlement
    2. End Workaholism
    5. Was Democratic Vote Accurate
    7. Bombs not Birds
    7. Who Rules the World: Not the USA
    16 Legacy of Harper Lee
    17 Different Economics
    19 The Problem: Islam or Colonialism
    25. Osbourne's Tory Lies (UK Only) [sic]
    27 We Must Control the Food Industry
    30 UN to Fly Palestinian Flag

Of these 11 threads (out of 900 total) I would agree that SIX are primarily related to US politics. Obviously, there is an American aspect to most of them (e.g. the food industry) but that is not what you asserted. And since this forum is American dominated, it makes sense that I would start a thread here because I think others will find it relevant. I do not start threads about the UK Labour party because I see no value in doing so.

The point is not that I start threads related to the US but that on this forum nearly every thread becomes US related within a few posts.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 14:13
    Originally posted by finnegan
    In which case what we got here (same for finnegan, by the way) is someone who starts thread after thread after thread bashing one particular country.

The thread list shows thirty thread titles per page and in a search of 30 pages (900 threads) I have found ELEVEN threads that I started. With page numbers, [of course these page numbers will r ...[text shortened]... ated to the US but that on this forum nearly every thread becomes US related within a few posts.
    "I do not start threads about the UK Labour party because I see no value in doing so. "
    he doesn't either. make no mistake, he knows there is no audience to speak about anything but the US. especially not about romania. he just made a puerile ad hominem because he didn't have anything to contribute on the subject.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 17:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 18:073 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 08:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "For whatever it's worth, when I wrote about a bitter territorial dispute between Romania and Hungary
    (about the Treaty of Trianon), Zahlanzi instantly took a Romanian nationalist position and
    declared, in effect, that Romania's absolutely right and there's nothing to discuss about it."
    refresh my memory, perhaps with a direct quote. what did i actually said about that?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 10:35
    YouTube

Good news, there is an explanation now.

The cop who shot him thought the autistic man holding a toy truck really has a gun and was about to shoot the black man. Therefore he shot at the autistic man and missed.

So to recap, a cop thought someone has a gun and rather than make sure he shot his gun just in case, even though the black man assured them the man is autistic and is not armed. Then missed.

This is the level of competence you want in your police? Shoot just in case? With no consequences? If nobody is going to hold them accountable for their mistakes, why would they ever take any risks and make sure they are

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree