1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Feb '12 16:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not American media per se, but European media pay a lot of attention to what happens in the US. Elections are widely covered in local media; this afternoon at work I was talking with colleagues about the US primaries. The cultural influence of the US is vast and you shouldn't underestimate it.
    But why? Why do you/they care? Is it believed the outcome of the primary (for example) will have a significant impact on life in your neck of the woods, or is it more of a tabloid thing, like following the happenings on a reality TV show, and more for entertainment purposes?
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    16 Feb '12 01:50
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why do Europeans and Australians seem to know so much about American government and politics?

I got 100% on that test, but if I took a similar one about British government, I figure I'd be lucky to get 20.

Is American media really so pervasive in so many places?
    I wonder the same thing. And have been surprised at how informed about American politics the Brits here seem to be.

Yet, likely the posters here in this political forum, whether American or European or Australian, are not representative of their average countrymen, i.e., the posters here are more informed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree