Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Apr '10 11:50 / 1 edit
    Is this legit?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF9P5vIzYyE&feature=player_embedded#

    Man, the language of the pigs can infuriate anyone... "haha"? "trying to find
    targets"? As if they were playing Halo or Call of Duty.
  2. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    06 Apr '10 12:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Is this legit?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF9P5vIzYyE&feature=player_embedded#

    Man, the language of the pigs can infuriate anyone... "haha"? "trying to find
    targets"? As if they were playing Halo or Call of Duty.
    Apparently it's all excusable due to the stress of being engaging in battle: Thread 128892

    Even though plenty of military analysts deplored what is seen on national television, labeling as it tragic, and as a mistake you'll find some people in this forum that were apologetic about it.

    "Look at that b!tch go!"
    "Patoosh!"

    It seems to be pretty legit. It is almost total agreement with witnesses accounts of 2007, almost total agreement with an iraqi police report from 2007 (which never saw the video) and in almost total disagreement with the official report that the government of the USA provided at 2007.

    Have you heard about the NATO incident in Afghanistan. They killed two government officials, two pregnant women, one teenager and tried to spin them all as insurgents and that the pregnant women were murdered by the insurgents. When that didn't work out, they said that the pregnant women were bound and gagged for some sort of burying ritual. After some time they finally let the truth out in Easter day: we killed 7 innocent people!

    Mistakes happen in war (even more when the soldiers are trigger happy, which they are by definition, and their superiors incite their trigger happiness), but admitting those mistakes as soon as they are done would be a great measure in actually making mistakes happen less often.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Apr '10 19:07
    Nothing like a redneck hick with a gun to make one laugh.
  4. 06 Apr '10 20:37
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Mistakes happen in war...
    What did bin Ladin say after the WTC was rammed by the hijacked airliners?
    "Ooops!"
    Therefore innocent.

    Make sense?
  5. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    06 Apr '10 20:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What did bin Ladin say after the WTC was rammed by the hijacked airliners?
    "Ooops!"
    Therefore innocent.

    Make sense?
    I don't understand what you're trying to say, I don't understand the point of your comparison but it looks like your mistaken on my views on this subject: Thread 128892
  6. 06 Apr '10 20:51
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I don't understand what you're trying to say, I don't understand the point of your comparison but it looks like your mistaken on my views on this subject: Thread 128892
    What I say is the following: Mistakes are not to be taken lightly. Innocent people are killed. When they are calling it a mistake with an "Oooops" kind of voice, then something is gravely wrong.

    As if bin Ladin would say "Oooops" and therefore would be forgiven.
  7. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    06 Apr '10 20:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What I say is the following: Mistakes are not to be taken lightly.
    That's exactly what I said. Good to see that we agree.
  8. Standard member joneschr
    Some guy
    06 Apr '10 21:29
    Wow, we all agree, cool.
  9. 06 Apr '10 22:43
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What I say is the following: Mistakes are not to be taken lightly. Innocent people are killed. When they are calling it a mistake with an "Oooops" kind of voice, then something is gravely wrong.

    As if bin Ladin would say "Oooops" and therefore would be forgiven.
    Mistakes aren't taken lightly, and if they happen due to negligence those to make them can and do get punished. But this doesn't apply, as they gun crews mowed down armed insurgents.

    Your Bin Laden analogy was retarded. That's not an example of a mistake.
  10. 07 Apr '10 03:51
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Mistakes aren't taken lightly, and if they happen due to negligence those to make them can and do get punished. But this doesn't apply, as they gun crews mowed down armed insurgents.

    Your Bin Laden analogy was retarded. That's not an example of a mistake.
    Retarded? No. Provocative? Yes.

    It's those who actually believes that war means killing of innocents, they are retarded. They are driven by the thoughts that some killings are neccessary to successfully run a war. They have to grow up and realize that violence is never a solution. Violence gives more violence. And, sorry to say, many americans think that violence is the only way to get what America wants to have. They are the ones feeding the anti-american hate all over the world.
  11. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    08 Apr '10 05:20
    Perhaps what we all should be discussing is: why an invading
    army can decide who lives or who dies in a land which is not
    theirs?

    I think we've all missed the point. It is not about the pigs killing
    armed or unarmed people. It is about their damned right to be
    there in the first place.

    One could say easily say that as long as the U.S. keeps setting foot
    somewhere beyond its borders, the whole world has a justification
    to retaliate in any way they every individual seems fit.
  12. 08 Apr '10 08:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Perhaps what we all should be discussing is: why an invading
    army can decide who lives or who dies in a land which is [b]not

    theirs?[/b]
    Once they have invaded, it is theirs. Thats the whole point of invading.
    What you really want to be discussing is who decides who can invade, and what can be done about those who invade without asking the 'deciders'.
  13. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    08 Apr '10 12:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Perhaps what we all should be discussing is: why an invading
    army can decide who lives or who dies in a land which is [b]not

    theirs?

    I think we've all missed the point. It is not about the pigs killing
    armed or unarmed people. It is about their damned right to be
    there in the first place.

    One could say easily say that as long as the U.S. keeps ...[text shortened]... , the whole world has a justification
    to retaliate in any way they every individual seems fit.[/b]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htrjz6cFz1c