1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:33
    How the hell can a supreme court uphold a policy twittered by a moron?

A policy not even discussed with the military advisors and leaders it influences!

A policy which contradicts international law and treaties.

A policy which has severe consequences for a group of people and said group of people don’t get a say in the matter. They’re not even asked their opinions.

Isn’t this madness certified by courts?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:41
    It's not a court, it's a legislative body controlled by Republicans.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:51
    I would liketo know which decision of the court is discussed here.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:52
    @ponderable said
    I would liketo know which decision of the court is discussed here.
    The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the U.S. military can bar openly transgender people from serving.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:54
    @shavixmir said
    How the hell can a supreme court uphold a policy twittered by a moron?

A policy not even discussed with the military advisors and leaders it influences!

A policy which contradicts international law and treaties.

A policy which has severe consequences for a group of people and said group of people don’t get a say in the matter. They’re not even asked their opinions.

Isn’t this madness certified by courts?
    To paraphrase an old saying: If you're looking for perfect justice, look to GOD, because you're not going to find it on this planet.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 15:58
    As I have read it, they did not yet make a decision on the merit of the case.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 16:54
    @ponderable said
    Don't worry, they will. It seems the house is going after Kavanaugh, for some perjury or other. I hope they get him, SCOTUS members can be impeached. That dude should never have been ANY kind of judge much less SCOTUS. He talks all big and such about putting aside his own political bias but goes ahead and votes with his balls anyway.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 17:29
    @ponderable said
    Yes they have.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46963426

“The United States Supreme Court has allowed President Donald Trump to enforce his policy of banning certain transgender people from the military.
    The court voted 5-4 to grant a Trump administration request to lift injunctions blocking the policy while challenges continue in lower courts.”

Using a capital letter for trump comes from the BBC article. Not my choice, but a quote is a quote.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 11:51
    @shavixmir said
    Yes they have.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46963426

“The United States Supreme Court has allowed President Donald Trump to enforce his policy of banning certain transgender people from the military.
    The court voted 5-4 to grant a Trump administration request to lift injunctions blocking the policy while challenges continue in lower courts.”

Using a capital letter for trump comes from the BBC article. Not my choice, but a quote is a quote.
    "...while challenges continue in lower courts"

Taht means that the merits of the case are under discussion. What the SCOTUS did was to allow the Administration to follow through with what they decided, until the (lower and probably at some Point the SCOTUS itself) Courts decide if the regulations are consistent with the constitution.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jan '19 14:24
    Yes. Exactly. So they found in favour of trump twittering policy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree