05 Aug '17 00:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We love you too Duchess! 😀
  6. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 04:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That a threat? My point is a hollowpoint. And you'll bleedout quickly. See you on tuesday.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 05:03
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    And your point is?
    The point is to make the point, thus bringing to the attention of others that which they may not otherwise have been aware of, thus perhaps opening the matter for discussion, which is rather the point of the 'debates' forum.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 09:001 edit
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    And your point is?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/05/brexit-uk-food-industry-eu-fruit-veg-pickers

Falling pound makes our wages less attractive to migrants.

Conditions in Europe have picked up significantly and workers are less driven to accept low wages and disgusting treatment from English bullies.

Overt racism and xenophobia makes people more reluctant to come here.

Apart from the daily racist abuse from idiot Kippers and their ilk, racism and harassment is now official practice. Theresa May in her many years at the Home Office has turned the process of obtaining visas into an offensive and expensive nightmare - the fee of £1,800 being just one aspect of the process which operates to humiliate and frustrate decent people going about their lives. When you explore examples of the way migrants are treated, you appreciate what the rcent election showed - May is not human, she's a nightmare robot willing to make vicious decisions every day as long as they benefit her political agenda. The Tories have no humanity.

Many industries can just shift operations abroad. For example, England was never an ideal country for growing fruit, though polytunnels have been great with 99% of labour being European migrants. That's coming to a screeching halt.

When this insane country decides to try a u-turn it may be a bit late. It will take a great deal to restore the UK's reputation as a destination attractive to migrant workers.

Then maybe the patriots will understand that having your brain surgery done by a lager lout Kipper is not the best way to go.

Of course as the economy falters, the people leaving (or not coming to) the UK will be the young, the mobile, the talented, the ones with marketable qualities. The people left will as always be the less able, the less advantaged, the less mobile: the Kippers, really, and all the impoverished groups they dislike so intensely.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 11:451 edit
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/05/brexit-uk-food-industry-eu-fruit-veg-pickers

Falling pound makes our wages less attractive to migrants.

Conditions in Europe have picked up significantly and workers are less driven to accept low wages and disgusting treatment from English bullies.

Overt racism and xenophobia makes people mor ...[text shortened]... the less mobile: the Kippers, really, and all the impoverished groups they dislike so intensely.
    The " leave " vote hasn't gone down very well with you has it .
    Suddenly, the UK is full of racist ,xenophobic English bullies .
    What happened to the mass unemployment and major disasters promised by the Eurohuggers ?
    Still hoping are you ?
    I noticed BMW have opted to build their electric cars in the UK , have a quite word with one of their directors and ask him/her why ?
    The falling pound works both ways .
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by @phil3000
    The " leave " vote hasn't gone down very well with you has it .
    Suddenly, the UK is full of racist ,xenophobic English bullies .
    What happened to the mass unemployment and major disasters promised by the Eurohuggers ?
    Still hoping are you ?
    I noticed BMW have opted to build their electric cars in the UK , have a quite word with one of their directors and ask him/her why ?
    The falling pound works both ways .
    Things are changing. It is naive to expect an overnight transformation. Instead look at the trends.

The leave vote is not a problem for me. I can see ways to approach Brexit that might be effective. The UK has never been a constructive partner in the EU.

The conduct of the referendum campaign was a problem. The dishonest and hidden agendas driving Brexit bother me. The approach to Brexit taken by the Tories bothers me (it bothers a lot of Tories). The refusal to debate evidence in adult terms bothers me. The ignorance of people like yourself bothers me.

I do not concede that the referendum was a green light to a fascist state. What bothered me most in D64's post was another example of something British people seem quite relaxed about, which is the introduction of the worst style of police state at the expense of migrants. The insulting suggestion that a family can stay together by means of skype is repeated in a lot of cases and evidently part of official policy. The adbuction of people without warning and often at night, their detention without trial and without access to legal representation, holding children and families for extended periods of time in utterly disgraceful detention centres, their deportation often to places where they will be in danger, the breaking up of families and lives, the use of physical violence to enforce compliance, the assignemnt of much of this filthy degrading work to private security firms, all this is seemingly not significant if it is applied to migrants, for whom any appeal to human rights is just a nuisance in the way of efficient police work.

You need to learn to think through the reality of those policies you support.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 18:002 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree