1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 20:40
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    There are pros and cons, of course. A problem in my school is that teachers who are friends with the principals get "better" kids than those who are on the poop list. If you're on the poop list, you get the kids who have behavior problems, victims of social promotion, and kids who can't be tested for learning disabilities because they're not anglos (si ...[text shortened]... ved by each teacher who was there the previous year to help in that achievement.
    I can imagine a teacher who's on the principal's "poop list" giving the following speech to his or her class of "troublemakers".

"the principal here doesn't think very much of me - and the principal here definitely doesn't think very much of you -- so if we all work really hard here, we can all prove Mr. Fancypants wrong by performing better than those kids and teachers that Mr. Fancypants likes."

then again, this sort of thing would probably work better in the movies than in real life.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 20:41
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I can imagine a teacher who's on the principal's "poop list" giving the following speech to his or her class of "troublemakers".

"the principal here doesn't think very much of me - and the principal here definitely doesn't think very much of you -- so if we all work really hard here, we can all prove Mr. Fancypants wrong by performing better than those ...[text shortened]... again, this sort of thing would probably work better in the movies than in real life.
    How do I reach these kiiiids.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 21:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How do I reach these kiiiids.
    A truly great episode!
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 22:45
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    There are pros and cons, of course. A problem in my school is that teachers who are friends with the principals get "better" kids than those who are on the poop list. If you're on the poop list, you get the kids who have behavior problems, victims of social promotion, and kids who can't be tested for learning disabilities because they're not anglos (si ...[text shortened]... ved by each teacher who was there the previous year to help in that achievement.
    value-added measurements are your protection against cronyism in the school executives!

if they're using standardized out-of-school tests as the primary measurement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree