Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 21:33
    How about free college for veterans instead of illegals and a whole host of other people who just want free stuff without paying anything for it?

Could the GOP and DNC agree on this?
  2. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 22:34
    @whodey said
    How about free college for veterans instead of illegals and a whole host of other people who just want free stuff without paying anything for it?

How many illegal aliens got free college in America in 2018?
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 22:47
    @whodey said

How about sorting veterans benefits out for a start. Your country treats them disgracefully.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Nov '18 23:14
    Some undocumented immigrants (using false papers) join and serve in the US armed forces.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 00:07
    @whodey said

Education should be free for all.

It should be a basic right like food, water & shelter.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 13:47
    @divegeester said
    How many illegal aliens got free college in America in 2018?
    You tell me

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/10/24/cash-strapped-undocumented-immigrants-chicago-flock-free-community-college/794428001/
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 13:48
    @wolfgang59 said
    Education should be free for all.

It should be a basic right like food, water & shelter.
    What should not be free?

In fact, is anything free?

Last time I checked, the government paying for it does not mean it's free.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 13:481 edit
    @duchess64 said
    Some undocumented immigrants (using false papers) join and serve in the US armed forces.
    Link?

It would not surprise me if this is true.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 13:523 edits
    @shavixmir said
    How about sorting veterans benefits out for a start. Your country treats them disgracefully.
    Finally, something we can agree on Shav.

Government run health care for Vets is a disgrace. Just ask all the Vets denied health care from Agent Orange in Vietnam or Vets from Desert Storm with their Gulf War Syndrome

I'm also tired of hearing how Vets become homeless and how we need to give to charity to help Vets.

In fact, the recent shooter in California was a Vet. He had psychological problems but the VA gave a thumbs up and said he was OK.

Poor guy must have been down on his luck with no real prospects in life. The government trained him to kill and then discarded him so he did the only thing he knew how to do effectively.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 16:08
    @whodey said

Government run health care for Vets is a disgrace. Just ask all the Vets denied health care from Agent Orange in Vietnam or Vets from Desert Storm with their Gulf War Syndrome

I'm also tired of hearing how Vets become homeless and how we need to give to charity to help Vets.

In fact, the recent shooter in California was a Vet. ...[text shortened]... t trained him to kill and then discarded him so he did the only thing he knew how to do effectively.
    Well that excuses his murders then. I am a vet and I pretty much know for sure I haven't and won't shoot anyone. Vets have been treated badly for sure. I thought I could sign up for VA health care but found out I made too much money in the last couple years to be eligible. If I am homeless I can maybe get in. Make money, forget it.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 20:40
    @whodey said
    In fact, is anything free?
    Last time I checked, the government paying for it does not mean it's free.
    You suggested free education for veterans.
    What did you mean by that?

I'm not going to play the "What is free game?"
    You know what is meant.

Go play silly-buggers with the idiot wajoma if you want.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '18 21:45
    @wolfgang59 said
    You suggested free education for veterans.
    What did you mean by that?

I'm not going to play the "What is free game?"
    You know what is meant.

Go play silly-buggers with the idiot wajoma if you want.
    what is meant is liberals think the govt has its own money supply
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '18 04:35
    @whodey said

In fact, the recent shooter in California was a Vet. ...[text shortened]... t trained him to kill and then discarded him so he did the only thing he knew how to do effectively.
    Shut up, whodey.

Not only do you know nothing about it, I'd be willing to bet that you're doing a big fat nothing to help them.

You act like complaining is your only business.

Complaining yet doing nothing is hypocrisy.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '18 14:26
    @whodey said

Poor guy must have been down on his luck with no real prospects in life. The government trained him to kill and then discarded him so he did the only thing he knew how to do effectively.
    I'm more concerned about the innocent Vietnamese and Laotian civilian victims of Agent Orange, the innocent Iraqi and Syrian civilian victims of phosphorus bombs, and the innocent USAnian victims of spree shootings.

Call me a pinko, un-Amercan bleeding heart commie if you want, but I don't think picking up a gun to further the interests of your country's bankers and politicians automatically makes you more worthy of support than the people those bankers finance the wars against.