1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 07:04
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It seems to me that what Natural Rights really are are hardwired guidelines by which we self-regulate violence.

That is, violence is ok if and only if peoples' rights are violated.

Because of this, it makes me very angry to see generally hawkish people make light of rights violations. They are nothing to joke about.
    Hardwired? Have you spent much time around children?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 07:05
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Hardwired? Have you spent much time around children?
    Children aren't mature.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 07:13
    It seems to me that what Natural Rights really are are hardwired guidelines by which we self-regulate violence.

Because of this, it makes me very angry to see generally hawkish people make light of rights violations. They are nothing to joke about.
    So anyway, after sidelining your whole thread over your (still somewhat flawed IMO) definition of Natural Rights, I should afford you the opportunity to get back on track with your main point.

What are you getting at about hawkish people and rights violations? Do you have an example of some hawk making light of a violation of rights?
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 17:45

I believe the true difficulty is in determining when such principle applies, as depending on the situation certain rights may seem untenable.
    Personally I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that every time there is an issue of rights violations those who hesitate to defend the alledged victims of such abuse are necessarily "hawkish" or mean-spirited, Im sure some of these individuals simply have different interpretation of the laws, or rights and how or when they should apply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree