1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 20:23
    Originally posted by moon1969
    The states rights champions (e.g., Scalia, conservative politician x, etc.) are not always big on states rights when it comes to federal drug laws. Which is odd in some ways because seems within traditional police powers of the states. But I do agree that the feds have been the looking the other way, but just do not know for how long, as there has been rumor that the feds may be starting to crack down. Yet, I am no expert. I live in Texas.
    They've been cracking down here in California.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 02:00
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    They've been cracking down here in California.
    I heard the feds were cracking down in Colorado also.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 03:03
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/07/marijuana_legalization_measure.html

This is apparently on our ballet this Nov.
    Pros--Cons?
    Pros= jobs

Cons= car crashes.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 05:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Pros= jobs

Cons= car crashes.
    Do you have any data concerning car crashes and marihuana? And if it's a serious concern, why not simply ban driving under influence like with alcohol? Also, after legalization, the THC concent can be regulated, making it potentially less effective (of course, there is only so far you can push this before people go to the black market, but still).
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 07:56
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It may be disturbing for you, but MDs are among the most common abusers of opiates. Duh, they have legal access. No law will stop all of this.
    And they probably have legal access to marijuana in most states too. The fact remains that laws surrounding intoxication causing risks to others due to judgement impairment are largely separate from laws surrounding substances thought to cause harm to the user (the main reason why certain substances are made illegal).
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 13:15
    Why can't Obama write and Executive Order for pot smokers that bypass the law like he did for illegal immigrants?

Passing laws is sooo yesterday.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 22:09
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And they probably have legal access to marijuana in most states too. The fact remains that laws surrounding intoxication causing risks to others due to judgement impairment are largely separate from laws surrounding substances thought to cause harm to the user (the main reason why certain substances are made illegal).
    Nothing will stop all car crashes, other than banning cars.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 10:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Do you have any data concerning car crashes and marihuana? And if it's a serious concern, why not simply ban driving under influence like with alcohol? Also, after legalization, the THC concent can be regulated, making it potentially less effective (of course, there is only so far you can push this before people go to the black market, but still).
    It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana. I have a friend criminal defense attorney who has defended these cases.

Also, I know that marijuana impairs perception and reaction times, but I also know that people tend to drive slower and more cautiously when under the influence of marijuana. Just anecdotal.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 10:48
    And why is that even remotely relevant?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 10:54
    Don't give the DNC anymore ideas. 😠
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 01:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And why is that even remotely relevant?
    There are so many things that cause car crashes now, some of them recommended or required by governments. Just one example is placing infants in protective seats, and recommending they be belted in the rear seat. I've witnessed at least two accidents where mom is responding naturally to the infant crying in the back seat, and had a bad wreck.

There are probably millions of miles driven in the US under the influence of pot as we speak. Sometimes we worry too much about what may happen, and not enough about what is happening.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 01:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    Don't give the DNC anymore ideas. 😠
    Don't worry. That is already and agenda item for Obama's second term.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 01:36
    Banning cars is already an agenda item for Obama's second term?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 03:43
    That must be what he means by freeing the nation from foreign oil.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '12 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Banning cars is already an agenda item for Obama's second term?
    (hand in palm)

Funny part is your not sure, are you? 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree