Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 07 Dec '16 14:56 / 1 edit
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-troops-clap-obama-last-national-security-speech/

    Obama says that there have been no terrorist attacks carried out on US soil during his Presidency?

    Really?

    Ears is delusional I think.
  2. 07 Dec '16 15:35
    If the video is genuine, Obama is saying that "no foreign organization" has committed any acts of terror on U.S. soil. As far as I can tell, this is true. Major terrorist attacks under Obama's tenure have, to my knowledge, been perpetrated by home-grown terrorists. This is opposed to for instance 9/11, which was committed by a foreign organization, Al-Qaeda. Of course the claim is a bit misleading as some of these terrorists have been influenced, albeit not directly controlled by, foreign organizations, ideologies and/or terrorist groups.
  3. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    07 Dec '16 15:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If the video is genuine, Obama is saying that "no foreign organization" has committed any acts of terror on U.S. soil. As far as I can tell, this is true. Major terrorist attacks under Obama's tenure have, to my knowledge, been perpetrated by home-grown terrorists. This is opposed to for instance 9/11, which was committed by a foreign organizatio ...[text shortened]... d, albeit not directly controlled by, foreign organizations, ideologies and/or terrorist groups.
    Technicalities , Technicalities... oh dear..
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    07 Dec '16 15:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Technicalities , Technicalities... oh dear..
    You mean the difference between fact and delusion?
  5. 07 Dec '16 16:18
    The actual quote from the article whodey linked is:
    " No foreign terrorist organization has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland."
    As always, whodeys reading comprehension is either abysmal, or he is lying.
  6. 07 Dec '16 16:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Technicalities , Technicalities... oh dear..
    What Obama said, according to the article is "No foreign terrorist organisation has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland". Is he incorrect because of 'technicalities' or are you criticising whodey for his lying? Or did you merely jump on the band wagon without reading the sign?

    If it was merely a technicality, whodey would have had no problem quoting him accurately. The fact that whodey had to lie should tell us it is more than a mere technicality - but then again, whodey lies for no reason most of the time.
  7. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    07 Dec '16 16:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What Obama said, according to the article is "No foreign terrorist organisation has successfully planned and executed an attack on our homeland". Is he incorrect because of 'technicalities' or are you criticising whodey for his lying? Or did you merely jump on the band wagon without reading the sign?

    If it was merely a technicality, whodey would have h ...[text shortened]... t is more than a mere technicality - but then again, whodey lies for no reason most of the time.
    Terror attacks are terror attacks. I don't care if they are foreign or domestic, they both have the same motive and from the same ideal...Jihad.
  8. 07 Dec '16 17:06
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Terror attacks are terror attacks. I don't care if they are foreign or domestic, they both have the same motive and from the same ideal...Jihad.
    Interesting. What contribution to "jihad" do you think Dylann Roof was attempting to make?
  9. 07 Dec '16 18:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Terror attacks are terror attacks. I don't care if they are foreign or domestic, they both have the same motive and from the same ideal...Jihad.
    That doesn't change the fact that Whodey lied and that you supported his lie claiming it was a 'technicality'. It wasn't.
    Obama never said anything about motives.
  10. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    07 Dec '16 18:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That doesn't change the fact that Whodey lied and that you supported his lie claiming it was a 'technicality'. It wasn't.
    Obama never said anything about motives.
    okay, but he didn't lie, he just wasn't accurate.
  11. 07 Dec '16 18:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    okay, but he didn't lie, he just wasn't accurate.
    Obama was accurate although it can be disputed whether it really matters if perpetrators of terrorist attacks are foreigners or not.
  12. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    07 Dec '16 18:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Obama was accurate although it can be disputed whether it really matters if perpetrators of terrorist attacks are foreigners or not.
    Agreed.
  13. 07 Dec '16 18:59
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    okay, but he didn't lie, he just wasn't accurate.
    He lied. He knew perfectly well that was not what Obama said.
  14. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    07 Dec '16 19:01
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Terror attacks are terror attacks. I don't care if they are foreign or domestic, they both have the same motive and from the same ideal...Jihad.
    That's not the bloody point you dopey brained moron!

    Whodey mis-quotes him.

    Jesus, why the hell does anyone bother with you?
  15. 07 Dec '16 21:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Terror attacks are terror attacks. I don't care if they are foreign or domestic, they both have the same motive and from the same ideal...Jihad.
    No, no, what you need is a written affidavit that the terrorist was motivated by a major terror organization and it needs to be big league.

    Big league? God help me, I'm starting to talk like Trump.