1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 22:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    I share your outrage that these institutions accepted money from the federal government, but now want complete automony from them. It just doesn't work like that. Its like doing business with the mob. Once you are in, you are in. There is no backing away. One thing about it though, tax payers will get their money back from the banks and then some, howeve ...[text shortened]... since Freddie and Fannie are part of the etitlement culture no attention will be payed to them.
    No attention should be paid to your partisan rants. This isn't a Tea Party; go back to your asylum and start one.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 22:561 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No attention should be paid to your partisan rants. This isn't a Tea Party; go back to your asylum and start one.
    I didn't think you could come up with a retort for that. Seems I was right....again.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:02
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    indeed.

a great deal of the wealth that now exists in the US and other "Western" nations can be traced back to the sweat from many a slave or serf.

this is property that was essentially stolen from these people - by use of some of the worst force imaginable.

so the Libertarian position should be advocating a proportionate return of property to the descendants of the people who were forced to toil so hard to produce it.
    Mel and ATY

This is not a problem exclusive to libertarians, and if it's righting past wrongs we are talking about, there is half my working life (minus the services I have used) to be returned to me by the guvamint of NZ.

If someone does owe someone else, then the onus is on the person making the claim to supply proof, you know, innocent until proven guilty.

As a Libertarian I am much more concerned that this type of thing doesn't happen again, let's not get in this situation in the first place, and a world where you are the owner of yourself (i.e. your neighbour does not have a higher claim on you and your life) and that this is recognised is the first step.

Stolen property should not be passed from one person to the other, whether through inheritance or by any other means, stolen property should not be in anyones possession, so this is not about inheritance, it's not about stopping the money at that 'transfer'. If someone is in possession of stolen property now is the time to chase it down, don't wait for that moment in is transferred from the deceased to their chosen heir, even if that heir is their dog.
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You don't seem to understand the purpose of a "safety net"; it is not to insure that people who are presently making a lot of money continue to do so ad infinitum.
    Ok, so you support bailouts if they come with certain conditions?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:22
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Mel and ATY

This is not a problem exclusive to libertarians, and if it's righting past wrongs we are talking about, there is half my working life (minus the services I have used) to be returned to me by the guvamint of NZ.

If someone does owe someone else, then the onus is on the person making the claim to supply proof, you know, innocent until proven ...[text shortened]... in is transferred from the deceased to their chosen heir, even if that heir is their dog.
    Like I said. If you can launder the money, too bad for your victims!
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Like I said. If you can launder the money, too bad for your victims!
    That is the case with any crime is it not?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:24
    It's so awfully convenient that you're a white male and you are in favor of just forgetting past injustices. It's so easy to say "let's forget the past" when you are in a group that is extremely advantaged due to past injustices.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:25
    That is the case with any crime is it not?
    And taxes are the case in any government. There ya go. It is how it is.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:30
    It's so awfully convenient that you're a white male and you are in favor of just forgetting past injustices. It's so easy to say "let's forget the past" when you are in a group that is extremely advantaged due to past injustices.
    Advantaged? In what way. Be specific.
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:32
    As far as inheritances go FYI my old Dad left a few bills behind.

cheers
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:34
    Social connections. Whites have a measurable advantage in getting jobs and promotions. Who you know is more important than what you know and all that.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:35

cheers
    But your Dad was there, wasn't he. I bet you didn't grow up with a single Mom so poor she had to sell her body to feed you, who kicked you out at 17.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:36

cheers
    ..and the thought that I might receive the proceeds from somebody elses dead parents utterly sickens me.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:37
    ..and the thought that I might receive the proceeds from somebody elses dead parents utterly sickens me.
    Police harass black people in the US anyway much more often and more harshly than whites. Whites have twice the chances of getting loans.

These things are well documented.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Jan '10 01:40
    Police harass black people in the US anyway much more often and more harshly than whites. Whites have twice the chances of getting loans.

These things are well documented.
    You're frothing, you're all over the show.

You're trying to intimate this is libertarianism?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree