1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 08:551 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Go easy on the exageration there bud, there is nothing 'certain' about the beneficiencies of your policies.

And it is possible to live as a libertarian but I would say it is impossible for you to live by your ideals without reducing yourself to a cardboard box on the foot path.
    Laissez faire policies have been tried and resulted in massive amounts of poverty, suffering and deprivation. Reasonable societies decided that this was unacceptable and adopted social welfare policies to prevent it. There is no doubt reversing history and moving back to such failed policies would have the consequences I outlined. You and a small, radical fringe are OK with that (though you seem reluctant to admit it) but most aren't.

It seems to be a pattern here for many to try to personalize the debates here for some reason. Either your ideas stand on their merits or they don't (they don't); I will not respond to attempts to argue about personal affairs which is NOYFB, though it is odd for someone who claims to be a libertarian to be so nosy about someone else's private affairs.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 13:561 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Is that a roundabout way of saying society should just accept people dying of starvation and treatable disease? Hard to see how any "end result" would be worse than that esp. for the people dying.
    So you interpret letting businesses fail when the actually fail to letting people die of starvation?

🙄

I should have known that you favor letting corporate America use the tax payer as an ATM.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 14:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you interpret letting businesses fail when the actually fail to letting people die of starvation?

🙄

I should have known that you favor letting corporate America use the tax payer as an ATM.
    I have no idea why you chose to be such a piece of [barnyard expletive deleted] liar. The subject Wajoma and I were discussing (look it up) concerned social welfare policies adopted to alleviate poverty. You know perfectly well that I opposed TARP and government bailouts of the big corporations. To top off your complete and utter hypocrisy, you SUPPORTED it (until the majority of House Republicans voted against it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really have colossal, incredible gall and no shame.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree