1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 11:54
    YouTube

Pretty freakin gruesome. It's especially chilling how the pro-choice people serenely advocate forcing other people to do something, without any thought of the repercussions and, of course, rarely having any thought on actually helping a child that got born through various stages of growth. (because they are only pro-life until the life is born)

Banning (or as it happens now, limiting) abortions will mean jack for the number of abortions. It will just force the poorest women to either have unsafe, illegal abortion with an unlicensed "doctor", possibly overdose on abortion drugs (or take the wrong ones) or simply have a child they cannot afford and cannot properly raise.

Women will die. Women will abandon children more. None of the pro-choice activists will be affected, they either have the money to raise the fifth, tenth child or have the money to go out of state when they will hypocritically have an abortion themselves (like that pro-choice senator who had his mistress abort his bastard).
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:02
    @zahlanzi said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfRhisUM6bY

Pretty freakin gruesome. It's especially chilling how the pro-choice people serenely advocate forcing other people to do something, without any thought of the repercussions and, of course, rarely having any thought on actually helping a child that got born through various stages of growth. (because they are only pro-life until ...[text shortened]... y have an abortion themselves (like that pro-choice senator who had his mistress abort his bastard).
    this comes up every time a conservative is appointed...some folks are too dumb to realize it is still in place.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    this comes up every time a conservative is appointed...some folks are too dumb to realize it is still in place.
    The question is: for how long?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:39
    @zahlanzi said

Pretty freakin gruesome. It's especially chilling how the pro-choice people serenely advocate forcing other people to do something, without any thought of the repercussions and, of course, rarely having any thought on actually helping a child that got born through various stages of growth. (because they are only pro-life until ...[text shortened]... y have an abortion themselves (like that pro-choice senator who had his mistress abort his bastard).
    It is absolutely inconceivable that the US would outlaw abortion. It would not be a federal-level issue and do you really think that California and New York would outlaw abortion even if Roe were overturned. At absolute worst, a handful of southern and maybe some midwestern states would do it. But even that won't happen.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:411 edit
    @zahlanzi said

This post confuses me.

At various points, I have to wonder if you are using the proper words; you seem to be confusing what pro-choice actually is. Pro-choice is not about "forcing" anybody to do anything. It IS about leaving it to them to make their own choice. It is about NOT making abortion illegal so that women DO have choice. Pro-choice does not "advocate" anything except women having the right to make their OWN choice and not have it made FOR them by some "pro-life" politicians.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 13:441 edit
    How in the hell did my post get alerted SIX TIMES in a couple of minutes after I posted it?

In fact, why so many alerts on this entire page???
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:022 edits
    @suzianne said
    How in the hell did my post get alerted SIX TIMES in a couple of minutes after I posted it?

It seems to show how divided the US is right now. Bizarre isn't it. I didn't even know about the alert thing, what is the purpose of it anyway? If a post is really offensive a note to Russ would get it removed as is what happened when that troll HOH outed my real name, address and picture of my house, it was removed the next day and of course HOH showing no remorse, just laughing about it.
    But what does this alert thing do that a note to Russ wouldn't?

One thing noted about pro-lifers: Once they make a conquest, convince a woman wanting an abortion to recant and have the baby, they drop that woman like a hot potato and go on the next conquest. Doesn't matter to them if the child was the product of rape and now a 14 year old has to bring up and be reminded of that rape for the rest of her life. No matter, the life of the baby is ALWAYS more important than ANYTHING in the mother's life.

BTW, the example I just used is not theoretical, it happened in our family, well an ex GF of one of our sons, she was convinced to have the child, the product of rape at age 13, in fact a kidnapping, held for 3 months raped every day and when the perp was caught, is in prison to this day but the mom was convinced not to have an abortion and so is in fact living with the child of rape every day of her life.
    And as a PS, the creep is getting out of jail soon and has already spoken to lawyers about getting 50% custody. But pro-lifers care nothing for that set of consequences, by god they saved a baby.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:30
    @sonhouse said
    It seems to show how divided the US is right now. Bizarre isn't it. I didn't even know about the alert thing, what is the purpose of it anyway? If a post is really offensive a note to Russ would get it removed as is what happened when that troll HOH outed my real name, address and picture of my house, it was removed the next day and of course HOH showing no remorse, just lau ...[text shortened]... g 50% custody. But pro-lifers care nothing for that set of consequences, by god they saved a baby.
    it is sad you refer to a human being as "a child of rape"! They are a child period!
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:52
    @sonhouse said
    It seems to show how divided the US is right now. Bizarre isn't it. I didn't even know about the alert thing, what is the purpose of it anyway? If a post is really offensive a note to Russ would get it removed as is what happened when that troll HOH outed my real name, address and picture of my house, it was removed the next day and of course HOH showing no remorse, just lau ...[text shortened]... g 50% custody. But pro-lifers care nothing for that set of consequences, by god they saved a baby.
    You say she was convinced. Are you saying that she now regrets her decision, or is that just your preference?
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:54
    @mott-the-hoople said
    it is sad you refer to a human being as "a child of rape"! They are a child period!
    Indeed.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:58
    @sh76 said
    It is absolutely inconceivable that the US would outlaw abortion. It would not be a federal-level issue and do you really think that California and New York would outlaw abortion even if Roe were overturned. At absolute worst, a handful of southern and maybe some midwestern states would do it. But even that won't happen.
    The video also deals with what your conservative pals are doing right now. In fact, one of them even admits that it is not feasible to overthrow roe v wade any time soon (could take decades), even though ultimately that is the purpose.

His admitted goal is to restrict abortion little by little.

So yes, California and New York would still have abortion which would mean little to someone in Texas. There are states right now with as little as one or two clinics that offer abortions. A woman seeking abortion from outside of town would have to skip work for several days, get to that town, go through "counseling" because you don't believe she is fully capable to grasp the severity of her decision, wait a few days , which you again think it is necessary and only then have that abortion. Skipping work, driving hundreds of kilometers (if she even owns a car), staying in motels is quite out of the grasp of many poor women.

Not to mention that she could always wind up in one of those clinics that lie about offering abortions while instead offering Jesus and bibles.

So no, i don't share your optimism that the US is just fine and will be fine when it comes to women rights to their own bodies.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 14:591 edit
    @suzianne said
    This post confuses me.

At various points, I have to wonder if you are using the proper words; you seem to be confusing what pro-choice actually is. Pro-choice is not about "forcing" anybody to do anything. It IS about leaving it to them to make their own choice. It is about NOT making abortion illegal so that women DO have choice. Pro-choice does not "advocate" anythi ...[text shortened]... ing the right to make their OWN choice and not have it made FOR them by some "pro-life" politicians.
    Damn, my mistake. I meant pro-life. I replaced pro-life with pro-choice everywhere except in the comment "(because they are only pro-life until the life is born) "

Was in a hurry to finish the original post and get back to work, and failed to proofread it properly
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 15:02
    @suzianne said

how do you know it was alerted?
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 15:03
    @mott-the-hoople said
    No. If there's a period, there's generally no child... it's biology...
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 15:13
    @shavixmir said
    how do you know it was alerted?
    Do you see that little "6" by the alert symbol on my post?

Several other posts in this thread were alerted 3 times.

Just wondering what the hell is going on here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree