Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 21 Sep '09 00:52
    They use a subject, eat it, destroy it, and then scrap it.

    At best, a subject can take the media a month to digest; at worst, a few hours.

    Why is our media such a mass of slobbering fools?
  2. 21 Sep '09 01:40
    Originally posted by scherzo
    They use a subject, eat it, destroy it, and then scrap it.

    At best, a subject can take the media a month to digest; at worst, a few hours.

    Why is our media such a mass of slobbering fools?
    Its all about the dirty laundry scherzo. Sing it!!.


    I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me somehting, something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry.

    Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here,
    I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear,
    Come and whisper in my ear,
    Give us dirty laundry.

    Kick em when their up
    Kick em when their down
    Kick em when their up
    Kick em when their down
    Kick em all around

    We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who comes on at 5,
    She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye,
    Its interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry.

    Can we film the operation?
    Is the head dead yet?
    You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet,
    Get the widow on the set!!
    We need dirty laundry

    You don't really need to find out whats going on,
    You don't really want to know just how far its gone,
    Just leave well enough alone,
    Eat your dirty laundry.

    Dirty little secrets,
    Dirty little lies,
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybodies pie
    We love to cut you down to size,
    We love dirty laundry.
  3. 21 Sep '09 01:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Its all about the dirty laundry scherzo. Sing it!!.


    I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me somehting, something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry.

    Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here,
    I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear,
    Come and whisper in my ear,
    Give us dirty laundry.
    y little fingers in everybodies pie
    We love to cut you down to size,
    We love dirty laundry.
    Aaaah Don Henley..

    The news media in this country is definitely broken. They have found that actual investigative journalism requires talent, work and research - all of which costs more than just throwing reactionary headlines up and parroting talking points.
  4. 21 Sep '09 02:17 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Aaaah Don Henley..

    The news media in this country is definitely broken. They have found that actual investigative journalism requires talent, work and research - all of which costs more than just throwing reactionary headlines up and parroting talking points.
    Don who? What are you takling about? I wrote that song!! Somebody better not have stolen it
  5. 21 Sep '09 02:19
    What I find refreshing is that EVERYONE from ANY political or religious perspective can all agree on something, which is, the media sooks arse.
  6. 21 Sep '09 03:09
    Originally posted by scherzo
    They use a subject, eat it, destroy it, and then scrap it.

    At best, a subject can take the media a month to digest; at worst, a few hours.

    Why is our media such a mass of slobbering fools?
    They are propaganda machines brought to you by the One World Order.
  7. 21 Sep '09 03:43
    I quite often listen to NPR. It is played here in Australia on an all news radio network. I find it the most balanced of all the American media outlets I am exposed to here in Australia. Most of the other American media seems to be sensationalist of politically biased to me.
  8. 21 Sep '09 03:45
    Originally posted by Zort Boy
    I quite often listen to NPR. It is played here in Australia on an all news radio network. I find it the most balanced of all the American media outlets I am exposed to here in Australia. Most of the other American media seems to be sensationalist of politically biased to me.
    I listen to it quite a bit. I don't like the global warming propaganda, but I do like the praire hom companion and click and clack.
  9. 21 Sep '09 06:51
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    They are propaganda machines brought to you by the One World Order.
    And the One World Order is particularly interested in the US and Italy?
  10. 21 Sep '09 13:25
    The media's main focus (like any other businesses) is on making money. If lots of people want to watch it or read it, the media will provide lots of it. Otherwise, not so much. The big problem is that half of the people have IQs that are below average.
  11. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    21 Sep '09 14:15
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    The big problem is that half of the people have IQs that are below average.
    Gotta love America, where everyone is below average, as they say in Lake Wobegon.