1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 22:06
    "Is there no Republican that can be gracious and statesmanlike in this situation?" Stewart asked. "We removed a dictator in six months, losing no American soldiers, spending like a billion dollars instead of a trillion dollars."

"What the _____ is wrong with you people?" Stewart added.

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/jon-stewart-to-gop-on-qaddafi-death-what-is-wrong-with-you-people-video.php?ref=fpb

Where would Stewart's career be without all the material Fox News gives him?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 23:11
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    "Is there no Republican that can be gracious and statesmanlike in this situation?" Stewart asked. "We removed a dictator in six months, losing no American soldiers, spending like a billion dollars instead of a trillion dollars."

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/jon-stewart- ...[text shortened]... ref=fpb

I share your views, but would point out that we're at the beginning of a general election cycle. Any Republican that wants to get elected to ANY office would be commiting poitical suicide if they admitted President Obama (or and Democrat) made a sound decision, or did anything correctly. Such is the state of politics today. 😕
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    I share your views, but would point out that we're at the beginning of a general election cycle. Any Republican that wants to get elected to ANY office would be commiting poitical suicide if they admitted President Obama (or and Democrat) made a sound decision, or did anything correctly. Such is the state of politics today. 😕
    That's just really bizarre and really sad.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 06:30
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/186085-boehner-praises-obamas-war-on-terrorism-ahead-of-romney-speech

House Speaker John Boehner offered unqualified praise for President Obama’s handling of the war on terrorism on Thursday, a day before a major foreign policy address by GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney.

Boehner was effusive in complimenting Obama, even comparing the Democrat favorably to his Republican predecessor.

“I’ve been very supportive of the president’s decisions in Iraq and Afghanistan,” Boehner said Thursday at the Washington Ideas Forum. “I think so far the president’s done just fine.”

5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 07:25
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/186085-boehner-praises-obamas-war-on-terrorism-ahead-of-romney-speech

House Speaker John Boehner offered unqualified praise for President Obama’s handling of the war on terrorism on Thursday, a day before a major foreign policy address by GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney.

Boehner was effusive in complime ...[text shortened]... rsday at the Washington Ideas Forum. “I think so far the president’s done just fine.”

Well, I don't think comparing him to Bush is a compliment, but I guess it's about what is in the heart.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 20:47

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/10/jon-stewart- ...[text shortened]... ref=fpb

And the President had to fight both the left and right in Congress who tried to use the unconsitutional war powers resolution to limit his constitutional commander-in-chief powers in directing US participation in the Libyan conflict.

In all, well-done Mr. President.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 21:00
    I'll wait to see what results. I have the same opinion on Iraq and all the other places we've decided to send our military.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 21:38
    When did NATO turn into 'America'?

This was an uprising by the Libyan people helped by NATO, America deserves no more credit than any other member of NATO, the people who should be and are patting themselves in the ass are the Libyan people. It wasn't that long ago when Bush and Blair were best buds with Gaddafi probably trying to tap into Libya's oil wealth lets not forget.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 22:04
    Originally posted by moon1969
    And the President had to fight both the left and right in Congress who tried to use the unconsitutional war powers resolution to limit his constitutional commander-in-chief powers in directing US participation in the Libyan conflict.

In all, well-done Mr. President.
    🙄🙄
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 09:09
    Originally posted by Trev33
    It wasn't that long ago when Bush and Blair were best buds with Gaddafi probably trying to tap into Libya's oil wealth lets not forget.
    They are still trying to tap into Libya's oil wealth. Its just that they realised a change of leadership was coming, so they decided to get on the good side of the new guys (and possibly even get better deals in the process).
    If Libya did not have oil, NATO would not have got involved.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Oct '11 03:01

"Where would Stewart's career be without all the material Fox News gives him?"

He'd be stuck using stuff from Rachel Madow, Ed, and Al, the stuff all twelve of MSNBC's viewers saw.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree