1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 17:51
    Pretty much anything actually. No labor stories on Labor Day. No mention of the fact that private sector employment continued to expand in August and that the contraction was actually due to decline in public sector employment. The media is also not interviewing many economists.

http://kunsoo1024.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/calculated-risk-no-labor-stories-on-labor-day/
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 18:23
    We're screwed because what we need right now is stimulus spending, and politically that's impossible. For ten years tax cuts have proven not to create jobs.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 18:26
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    We're screwed because what we need right now is stimulus spending, and politically that's impossible. For ten years tax cuts have proven not to create jobs.
    Only ten?
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 18:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Only ten?
    Well we do have decades worth of historic data, good point. I was referring to the Bush tax cuts coupled with the additional Obama cuts.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 18:53
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Well we do have decades worth of historic data, good point. I was referring to the Bush tax cuts coupled with the additional Obama cuts.
    Yeah. And that budget deal in which Obama caved to the Republicans back in April may very well become our economic epitaph.
  6. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 20:32
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Yeah. And that budget deal in which Obama caved to the Republicans back in April may very well become our economic epitaph.
    "Confusion will be my epitaph, as I crawl a cracked and broken path. If we make it we can all sit back and laugh, but I fear tomorrow I'll be crying."

ROBERT FRIPP, PETER SINFIELD, IAN MCDONALD, GREG LAKE, MICHAEL GILES

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree