Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Sep '11 17:56
    IVE JUST SPENT TWO HOURS ON A ONE HOUR TRAIN JOURNEY, whats wrong with the uk, any responses welcome . I need a new country.
  2. 22 Sep '11 17:57
    Come to the US where you can fly and spend as much time in the airport as you do in the air.
  3. 22 Sep '11 18:26
    what about france , good education , travel and health and great food , and strong unions.
  4. 22 Sep '11 18:31
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    what about france , good education , travel and health and great food , and strong unions.
    And the French, unfortunately.
  5. 22 Sep '11 18:40
    I might go to greece sell my over priced shack , smoke cheap fags and drink ouzo and plan the downfall of capitalism.
  6. 22 Sep '11 19:33
    I might go to greece sell my over priced shack , smoke cheap fags and drink ouzo and plan the downfall of capitalism.
    Perhaps you'd bond well with the Greeks.
  7. 22 Sep '11 19:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Perhaps you'd bond well with the Greeks.
    I hear Greek bonds are pretty worthless these days.!
  8. 22 Sep '11 19:48
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Come to the US where you can fly and spend as much time in the airport as you do in the air.
    Yeah we have that here as well, at least your airports have decent food.
  9. 22 Sep '11 19:50
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Yeah we have that here as well, at least your airports have decent food.
    Well, over here the food is awful even outside airports.
  10. 22 Sep '11 19:50
    IVE JUST SPENT TWO HOURS ON A ONE HOUR TRAIN JOURNEY, whats wrong with the uk, any responses welcome . I need a new country.
    What's wrong with the UK? in a word - the weather. OK that's two words. It makes everyone miserable.
  11. 22 Sep '11 19:51
    Well, over here the food is awful even outside airports.
    'Checks flag' have to agree with you there lol
  12. 22 Sep '11 19:54
    Originally posted by Trev33
    'Checks flag' have to agree with you there lol
    I'm talking about Finland, in Holland you can at least get decent foreign food quite easily (also, the Dutch fastfood is excellent).
  13. 22 Sep '11 20:01 / 1 edit
    My father once spent 24 hours on a train between Livingstone and Lusaka. (about 500km).
    I once came home from university in the back of a lorry (the same route) and also took 24 hours.
    But that's nothing, I had a classmate in Secondary School who spent 3 days on a train from Sesheke to Livingstone and that's only about 400km.

You don't know how lucky you are.
  14. 22 Sep '11 20:14
    (also, the Dutch fastfood is excellent).
    You can't be serious. I had considered moving to the Netherlands until i found out what they call food... Processed without the pro. Just horrible.
  15. 22 Sep '11 20:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My father once spent 24 hours on a train between Livingstone and Lusaka. (about 500km).
    I once came home from university in the back of a lorry (the same route) and also took 24 hours.
    But that's nothing, I had a classmate in Secondary School who spent 3 days on a train from Sesheke to Livingstone and that's only about 400km.

You don't know how lucky you are.
    Can i play, can i play???

Exactly 72 hours on a bus between Argentina and Peru and 2 1/2 days on a train in India are my records.