1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 06:461 edit
    Too many people around the world look to their political leaders for leadership. I've found that this rarely works very well. Democratic lawmakers pose themselves as champions of the working class, yet few of them actually have to work for a living. Republicans love to be photographed with veterans, and pose themselves as supporters of our armed forces, yet few of them ever enlist and serve in active duty military service. There are a few exceptions of course, but not many. So where do you look for real leadership? The answer is...in the trenches of everyday life. It's the widow who struggles and succeeds in raising her children to be good productive citizens. It's the high school track coach who not only teaches the athletes the value of hard work and persistence, but encourages these young people use these qualities in adulthood. It's the 'would be' entrepreneur who succeeds in launching and running a successful business that provides a valuable service despite several failed attempts and others that tell him (or her) that it cannot be done. Real leaders are out there folks, but I doubt you'll find many of them in our political debates. Real leaders don't make a lot of speeches because they are too busy doing their job. Our political candidates are well dressed, well paid carnival barkers with an agenda. Some mean well of course, but I wouldn't call them "leaders"

Just a thought from an old guy who had walked on this planet.for quite awhile now. 🙂
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 06:50
    Originally posted by bill718
    Too many people around the world look to their political leaders for leadership. I've found that this rarely works very well. Democratic lawmakers pose themselves as champions of the working class, yet few of them actually have to work for a living. Republicans love to be photographed with veterans, and pose themselves as supporters of our armed forces, yet ...[text shortened]... eaders"

Just a thought from an old guy who had walked on this planet.for quite awhile now. 🙂
    When the little green martian points his lazer gun at me and says: "Take me to your leader."

I'm going to put my thumb on my chest and reply: "You're talking to him bud."
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 07:08
    Too many people around the world look to their political leaders for leadership. I've found that this rarely works very well. Democratic lawmakers pose themselves as champions of the working class, yet few of them actually have to work for a living. Republicans love to be photographed with veterans, and pose themselves as supporters of our armed forces, yet ...[text shortened]... eaders"

You wear humility well.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 09:24

Donald Trump seems more like a leader than any of the others to me. He has the confidence that is needed in a leader and he does not appear to be afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 11:472 edits
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    When the little green martian points his lazer gun at me and says: "Take me to your leader."

I'm going to put my thumb on my chest and reply: "You're talking to him bud."
    Human beings are sheep bill. We continually roam the earth searching for a benevolent shepherd who is our peer but never with much success because, in all truth, they are in the same boat as we.

What you then wind up with is some demagogue pretending to be better than everyone else, whether it is superior intellect or maybe they eat their carrots and have laser night vision or can climb buildings like spider man. They then come up with these amazing programs to "fix" everything as they herd us around like the stupid cattle that we admit we are.

Crazy, huh?

Last I checked there was one world leader who had all the answers, and we nailed him to a cross. Go figure.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '16 13:29

The leadership first and foremost is mom and dad. If we get that right without govt. interference we have a chance to make a better world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree