1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 23:583 edits
    hi i am looking for a football team to support. i need one that is the most mannerly and the most friendly. Having never desired to go to America i know nothing first hand of the people or the cities although almost all Americans i have met i have liked, especially the Californians. Can anyone tell me what the most mannerly and friendly city in America considered to be? i realise that this is a broad generalisation, but some thought would be helpful. For example Glasgow is considered the friendliest city in the U.K, but it has it share of problems too, like ummm, we are considered the murder capital of Europe, but that besides,. its a friendly sort of mentality! someone told me that New Yorkers are really mean and that Chicago is the friendliest, what say you.
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 00:28
    Are you talking Pro ball, or College?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 00:32
    Lol Californians? well maybe, if you watch where you drive.
    I can't think of many cities I would call friendly. You can take a good beating in any of them, given the right opportunity
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 01:17
    Cleveland!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 01:332 edits
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Are you talking Pro ball, or College?
    pro ball, presently i am a broncos fan, for i believe that Denver is the friendliest place in America, but I could be wrong. The first permanent structure there was a saloon, how friendly can you get?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Cleveland!
    i shall check it out, but Cleveland browns, well it a pretty lamebo name i think. who do you support, 'oh, i like the the cowboys', or 'the eagles', but the browns, well, i cannot bring myself to say it! but if they are truly the friendliest, i might overlook it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 04:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i shall check it out, but Cleveland browns, well it a pretty lamebo name i think. who do you support, 'oh, i like the the cowboys', or 'the eagles', but the browns, well, i cannot bring myself to say it! but if they are truly the friendliest, i might overlook it.
    LOL.

You know, I saw Jerry Lewis doing another telethone the other day......for the Browns!! That's when you know you've hit rock bottom!! 😀

As for myself, I once was a Bengal fan, but after about 2 decades of losing football, just couldn't take it any more. Now I know they are doing pretty good this year, but I am not impressed. They will be out first round.

Having said that, you need a team you won't regret supporting like what happened to me. This means avoiding teams in both Ohio and Michigan. I suggest you take up Indy. Manning is the best QB in football history and the team contends every year. As for myself, I just can't root for another team. Now I mostly follow college and my Buckeyes.

Go Bucks!!!

Of course I can't go until I tell another Browns joke. The other day I left my car and went into a local store and when I came back the front window was busted open!!! I looked inside and someone had placed two Browns tickets on my dash!! 😵
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 06:34
    http://www.google.com/search?q=friendliest+cities+in+america&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF

charleston, apparently ....

they've also got lists of dog-friendly cities, gay-friendly cities, etc. etc.
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 14:13
    Well, yes, the Browns are kind of mediocre, but we did beat Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    LOL.

You know, I saw Jerry Lewis doing another telethone the other day......for the Browns!! That's when you know you've hit rock bottom!! 😀

As for myself, I once was a Bengal fan, but after about 2 decades of losing football, just couldn't take it any more. Now I know they are doing pretty good this year, but I am not impressed. They will be out f busted open!!! I looked inside and someone had placed two Browns tickets on my dash!! 😵
    Lol, The colts, they sound cool! is Indianapolis friendly and mannerly? their fans must be well behaved Whodey, my friend tells me that in Philadelphia they wrap batteries up in snowballs, and somewhere else they throw doggie biscuits. the fans must be well behaved!

i apologise for the trivial subject matter of this post, but i thought our americans friends would come out and say in the manner of Spartacus, no 'we are the friendliest', 'no but we are the friendliest and the most hospitable', etc etyc. perhaps they don't have the same geographic rivalries that others have else where. who can tell?
  11. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 17:081 edit
    You are the first person I've ever heard of who is selecting a team based on fan
    friendliness.🙄

You should probably stay away from the New England Patriots then.😉
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 17:13
    San Jose, California is the safest big city in the US. It's the third largest in California behind Los Angeles and San Diego and there's not a single neighborhood I'd be afraid to walk down.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 17:15
    Lol, The colts, they sound cool! is Indianapolis friendly and mannerly? their fans must be well behaved Whodey, my friend tells me that in Philadelphia they wrap batteries up in snowballs, and somewhere else they throw doggie biscuits. the fans must be well behaved!

i apologise for the trivial subject matter of this post, but i thought our amer ...[text shortened]... s they don't have the same geographic rivalries that others have else where. who can tell?
    For baseball you have to go with the Minnesota Twins. Nice and friendly, eh? College football go with the Minnesota Gophers. Not a frightening creature, there.

Pre Football use The Arziona Cardinals. A nice pretty bird, although you won't any cardinals down here.
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 17:17
    Originally posted by monster truck
    You are the first person I've ever heard of who is selecting a team based on fan
    friendliness.🙄

You should probably stay away from the New England Patriots then.😉
    Oakland Raiders. Worst fans in the NFL. The games are full of thugs and wannabe gang bangers who try to play up their "rowdy" reputation.

As far as "friendly" fans - that honor goes ironically to 49ers. It's just across the bridge from the league's worst fans. I'm a big 49ers fan and this fact has always been a soar subject for me. I'm the type to wear red & gold war paint and go nuts.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 18:10
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Oakland Raiders. Worst fans in the NFL. The games are full of thugs and wannabe gang bangers who try to play up their "rowdy" reputation.

As far as "friendly" fans - that honor goes ironically to 49ers. It's just across the bridge from the league's worst fans. I'm a big 49ers fan and this fact has always been a soar subject for me. I'm the type to wear red & gold war paint and go nuts.
    thanks my friend, i was actually in the blitz room and wanted to play you at blitz, never the less, there is now two definite no chancers, the eagles and the raiders, spit ding! two new candidates, the 49ers and the Colts - thankyou!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree