While the U.S. Government Vacations...

While the U.S. Government Vacations...

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
11 Aug 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Here is what I suggest.

Dispatch a US Marine expeditionary unit to the region. Take military control of a port, and start handing out all those MREs they have stored - but only for immediate consumption at the dock. Use the ship's purifier to provide water for personal consumption. Print money to pay the troops involved.

What prevents a water ...[text shortened]... to the region? Can that be built?

Also, dig resevoirs. And, hand out solar water purifiers.
Whatever works.

Now, just write your Congressmen and hope for the best.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Aug 11

Originally posted by wittywonka
Whatever works.

Now, just write your Congressmen and hope for the best.
Does the President need Congress to send an MEU over there?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Aug 11

This is a PERFECT opportunity for China to send their new fancy hospital ship for - right at the end of the String of Pearls.

Moves
11 Aug 11

Not our problem.
I disagree. It's not just the moral question, though I do believe the whole world has a responsibility to mitigate suffering on this level. What happens in other countries do impact us economically.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
11 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Kunsoo
I disagree. It's not just the moral question, though I do believe the whole world has a responsibility to mitigate suffering on this level. What happens in other countries do impact us economically.
Meddling in countries halfway around the world for economic advantage is dangerous.

Should we expect all the other nations to be doing this sort of thing? What if they don't?

Moves
11 Aug 11

Meddling in countries halfway around the world for economic advantage is dangerous.

Should we expect all the other nations to be doing this sort of thing? What if they don't?
Then millions of people die, who didn't need to die.