1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '11 22:59
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The ability to react quickly to market changes is the best argument for keeping government out of market decisions.
    I didn't say 'market changes', you are reading meanings into my post that aren't there.
    Read it again, and don't assume stuff. ;-)
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 00:31
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There is a bridge and tunnel a dozen or so miles from your residence.
    Believe me, I've thought about using it.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 01:30
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I didn't say 'market changes', you are reading meanings into my post that aren't there.
    Read it again, and don't assume stuff. ;-)
    Sorry if I added implied meaning. I get that a lot as well. I think that economic issues tend to be seen as government issues. To some extent all issues are economic.

In some things, for example military actions, recent administrations have ignored the proper authority for waging war. Sometimes not reacting so quickly may be a good thing, obviously not including response to a massive nuclear attack.

I've read it argued that the instant responses to the Great depression by Hoover, and continued by Roosevelt, prevented normal market corrections and prolonged the hardship. Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 01:32
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Believe me, I've thought about using it.
    Imagine the quandary facing those of us who like the American way. There is no refuge if we continue to lose our system and liberty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree