1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 14:12
    Whodey endorses Gary Anderson. I know many of you have waited for this endocrsement before casting your ballots. Sorry for taking such a long time to do so.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 14:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Whodey endorses Gary Anderson. I know many of you have waited for this endocrsement before casting your ballots. Sorry for taking such a long time to do so.
    The kicker or running back?
  3. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 20:34
    I am endorsing a write in candidate this year. Donald Duck. His bold commitment to not wearing pants shows that he has the courage to persevere in the face of overwhelming societal pressure. Plus, people with speech impediments are very underrepresented in our government. Another advantage to electing Donald Duck is that his uncle, Scrooge McDuck is the richest duck in the world. He might be willing to donate some of his swimming pool gold to the national debt.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 21:32
    In terms of actual impact, kind of like staying home and not voting isn't it. Of course, if just a small fraction of the Nader voters in 2000 in Florida had voted for Gore who much more represented their interests than Bush, Gore would have been president.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 23:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The kicker or running back?
    Either one.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Nov '12 23:40
    Originally posted by moon1969
    In terms of actual impact, kind of like staying home and not voting isn't it. Of course, if just a small fraction of the Nader voters in 2000 in Florida had voted for Gore who much more represented their interests than Bush, Gore would have been president.
    Who are you to say who represented their interests? I voted for Nader in 2000 and would never have voted for Gore. If he was so great, maybe he could have carried his own home state.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:121 edit
    Jeez, whodey, you live in Ohio. So spout what you want on this board, but on Tuesday, go in and vote for Romney and make sure all of your friends and relatives do too, even the dead ones. I'll vote for Gary Anderson or Donald Duck or the Green candidate or whatever you'd like. I'm a New Yorker. My vote doesn't count.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:221 edit
    Who are you to say who represented their interests? I voted for Nader in 2000 and would never have voted for Gore. If he was so great, maybe he could have carried his own home state.
    I do not think Gore was great. I like Nader policies. My brother voted for Nader in Texas which didn't matter. But in a swing state?

If you look at environmental and consumer protections, as well as worker protections, which I view as core Nader issues, you see no difference between Bush and Gore? Who of the two would be more likely to pursue issues favored by Nader and his supporters -- Bush or Gore? No difference? Nevertheless, to be sure, a vote for Nader in Florida in 2000 was a vote for Bush.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 01:39
    I do not think Gore was great. I like Nader policies. My brother voted for Nader in Texas which didn't matter. But in a swing state?

If you look at environmental and consumer protections, as well as worker protections, which I view as core Nader issues, you see no difference between Bush and Gore? Who of the two would be more likely to pursue issues ...[text shortened]... difference? Nevertheless, to be sure, a vote for Nader in Florida in 2000 was a vote for Bush.
    A vote for Nader was a half a vote for Bush.

A vote for Gore was a vote for Buchanan. 😉
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 02:06

If you look at environmental and consumer protections, as well as worker protections, which I view as core Nader issues, you see no difference between Bush and Gore? Who of the two would be more likely to pursue issues ...[text shortened]... difference? Nevertheless, to be sure, a vote for Nader in Florida in 2000 was a vote for Bush.
    A vote for Nader anywhere is a vote for Nader. I'm tired now and I was tired then of the Democrats thinking they are entitled to progressive votes when they have abandoned progressive policies. Gore pushed the disastrous "free trade" policies which led to the loss of millions of decent paying working class jobs and he and Bush sounded like Frick and Frack in the foreign policy debate. Screw him.
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 02:182 edits
    A vote for Nader anywhere is a vote for Nader. I'm tired now and I was tired then of the Democrats thinking they are entitled to progressive votes when they have abandoned progressive policies. Gore pushed the disastrous "free trade" policies which led to the loss of millions of decent paying working class jobs and he and Bush sounded like Frick and Frack in the foreign policy debate. Screw him.
    Both sides have supported free trade for decades. That ain't changing anytime soon. To be sure, voting for Nader will not change that.

So satisfying a hatred for Gore and a principled vote for Nader was worth having Bush as president, Cheney as VP, Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary, Ashcroft as AG, Alito and Roberts nominations, etc.? Yeah, that was so much better than Gore.

If Gore had nominated the two justices, it is highly likely Citizens United would have been different, for example that's for sure. Also, my guess it would be the Ginsberg Court.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 02:31
    Both sides have supported free trade for decades. That ain't changing anytime soon. To be sure, voting for Nader will not change that.

So satisfying a hatred for Gore and a principled vote for Nader was worth having Bush as president, Cheney as VP, Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary, Ashcroft as AG, Alito and Roberts nominations, etc.? Yeah, that was so mu ...[text shortened]... e been different, for example that's for sure. Also, my guess it would be the Ginsberg Court.
    Obama came in and kept Bush's Defense Secretary and his economic advisers. And on and on and on.

Until Clinton, no Democratic President had ever abandoned blue collar workers to the tender mercies of economic policies designed to enrich international capital. Until Democratic candidates change back to supporting the working class rather than the multinationals, they won't get my vote. Needless to say, there's not a dime worth of difference between the parties on their hyper-aggressive foreign policies. I'm not casting a vote for an intensification of pointless slaughter either.

If you wish to believe that's a betrayal of the rich folks who now own the Democratic Party, I don't (expletive deleted) care.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 04:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    Jeez, whodey, you live in Ohio. So spout what you want on this board, but on Tuesday, go in and vote for Romney and make sure all of your friends and relatives do too, even the dead ones. I'll vote for Gary Anderson or Donald Duck or the Green candidate or whatever you'd like. I'm a New Yorker. My vote doesn't count.
    I could go to a dumpster and round up a bus load of dead fetus' to vote.

Gee, I wonder who they will vote for?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 04:41
    Originally posted by sh76
    A vote for Nader was a half a vote for Bush.

A vote for Gore was a vote for Buchanan. 😉
    It's all getting too complicated for me sh.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 04:13
    Well I have to say, I was disappointed not to see Gary Anderson on the ballot, but it did not stop me from writiing him in!!! 😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree