Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Sep '16 04:23 / 1 edit
    Why is it when I hear left wingers ramble on about moving if a Republican is ever elected President, they always mention moving to Canada?

    Why not Mexico? Are they bigots?
  2. 29 Sep '16 08:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is it when I hear left wingers ramble on about moving if a Republican is ever elected President, they always mention moving to Canada?

    Why not Mexico? Are they bigots?
    canada is objectively better.

    just because sane people don't believe mexican immigrants are rapists doesn't mean they can't choose a country that has a better standard of living


    EDIT:
    don't know why i keep responding to you. obvious answers to retarded questions. it's not like the 2 or 3 people here that agree with you would get it.
  3. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    29 Sep '16 09:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    canada is objectively better.

    just because sane people don't believe mexican immigrants are rapists doesn't mean they can't choose a country that has a better standard of living


    EDIT:
    don't know why i keep responding to you. obvious answers to retarded questions. it's not like the 2 or 3 people here that agree with you would get it.
    It is your contention that Trump called Mexicans rapist?

    Can you be more specific, all mexicans or only males, or only males of a certain age range.
  4. 29 Sep '16 11:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    [b]canada is objectively better.
    Why?

    Sounds pretty bigoted to me.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    29 Sep '16 13:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why?

    Sounds pretty bigoted to me.
    It doesn't sound bigoted to me. If it's a choice between a country where my first language is spoken, and one where it is not, my selection would be obvious to any person other than someone like whodey.
  6. 29 Sep '16 17:25
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It doesn't sound bigoted to me. If it's a choice between a country where my first language is spoken, and one where it is not, my selection would be obvious to any person other than someone like whodey.
    Canada is not a significant change from the US. Going from Detroit to Windsor is much like going to any other Detroit suburb. There is little or no French spoken there. For that you have to go to Quebec (Montreal). I don't know much about the rest of the border west of Detroit. As far as I know, English is the language of choice anywhere but Quebec/Montreal.
  7. 29 Sep '16 21:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is it when I hear left wingers ramble on about moving if a Republican is ever elected President,
    they always mention moving to Canada?

    Why not Mexico? Are they bigots?
    1) Most Americans are fluent only in English, not Spanish.
    2) Canada has a higher standard of living than Mexico.
    3) Canada has less crime and corruption than Mexico.

    That said, there are some retirement communities in Mexico for Americans.
    Some retired middle-class Americans believe that their money goes further in Mexico.
  8. 30 Sep '16 01:39
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    It doesn't sound bigoted to me. If it's a choice between a country where my first language is spoken, and one where it is not, my selection would be obvious to any person other than someone like whodey.
    So you don't like people who do not speak your own language?

    Eeks!! And we thought Trump was xenophobic.
  9. 30 Sep '16 01:42
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    1) Most Americans are fluent only in English, not Spanish.
    2) Canada has a higher standard of living than Mexico.
    3) Canada has less crime and corruption than Mexico.

    That said, there are some retirement communities in Mexico for Americans.
    Some retired middle-class Americans believe that their money goes further in Mexico.
    1) So liberals despise multiculturalism. They only want people around them who can speak their own language.
    2) Liberals don't like to live around poor folk. They want to move to a place where they have gated communities.
    3) Canada has less corruption? I thought liberals would want to immigrate to Mexico so they could become voters so that they could democratically transform Mexico into a utopia like they made the US and Canada.
  10. 30 Sep '16 01:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    1) So liberals despise multiculturalism. They only want people around them who can speak their own language.
    2) Liberals don't like to live around poor folk. They want to move to a place where they have gated communities.
    3) Canada has less corruption? I thought liberals would want to immigrate to Mexico so they could become voters so that they could democratically transform Mexico into a utopia like they made the US and Canada.
    Whodey keeps tirelessly spewing absurdities (nonsense or lies).

    In fact, 'conservative' Americans are more likely than 'liberal' Americans to oppose the
    immigration of non-English-speaking people (chiefly Latinos or Asians) to the USA.
    'Conservative' Americans also seem more likely to live in 'gated communities'.

    I know that there's racism and hypocrisy about racism among 'liberal' Americans (such as Bill718).
    But it's absurd for Whodey to argue that 'liberals' are more racist and intolerant than 'conservatives' in the USA.
  11. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    30 Sep '16 02:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you don't like people who do not speak your own language?

    Eeks!! And we thought Trump was xenophobic.
    Egads, you are becoming like FMF.
  12. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    30 Sep '16 02:31
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Whodey keeps tirelessly spewing absurdities (nonsense or lies).

    In fact, 'conservative' Americans are more likely than 'liberal' Americans to oppose the
    immigration of non-English-speaking people (chiefly Latinos or Asians) to the USA.
    'Conservative' Americans also seem more likely to live in 'gated communities'.

    I know that there's racism and hypo ...[text shortened]... Whodey to argue that 'liberals' are more racist and intolerant than 'conservatives' in the USA.
    Yes and no. It's true that Conservative Americans are more likely than Liberal Americans to oppose the immigration of non-English-speaking people, but Conservative' Americans are not more likely to live in 'gated communities, some do of course, but many more are poor people from the South and the rust belt. Regarding racism and hypocrisy among Liberal Americans, I would say racism exists within most people (though they may not admit it) so this is a case of the pot calling the kettle.
  13. 30 Sep '16 02:42
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Whodey keeps tirelessly spewing absurdities (nonsense or lies).

    In fact, 'conservative' Americans are more likely than 'liberal' Americans to oppose the
    immigration of non-English-speaking people (chiefly Latinos or Asians) to the USA.
    'Conservative' Americans also seem more likely to live in 'gated communities'.

    I know that there's racism and hypo ...[text shortened]... Whodey to argue that 'liberals' are more racist and intolerant than 'conservatives' in the USA.
    When did I argue any such thing?

    I'm only discussing liberals here who say they will leave the country if a Republican wins the White House.

    Please stay on topic and only add relevant posts.
  14. 30 Sep '16 02:43
    Originally posted by mchill
    Yes and no. It's true that Conservative Americans are more likely than Liberal Americans to oppose the immigration of non-English-speaking people, but Conservative' Americans are not more likely to live in 'gated communities, some do of course, but many more are poor people from the South and the rust belt. Regarding racism and hypocrisy among Liberal America ...[text shortened]... thin most people (though they may not admit it) so this is a case of the pot calling the kettle.
    When I referred to Americans living in 'gated communities', I was referring *only* to the
    Americans who are affluent enough *to have a choice* about living in 'gated communities'.
    It makes no sense to assign 'credit' to 'poor people from the South and the rust belt"
    who cannot afford to live in 'gated communities' and consequently don't live there.

    It seems to me that, comparing only the people who are affluent enough to live in 'gated
    communities', a 'conservative' seems more likely than a 'liberal' to make that choice.

    Mchill also acts as though it must be wrong to compare *degrees of racism* within people.
    Gandhi held some racial prejudices against black Africans. Was Gandhi as morally bad as a KKK leader?
  15. 30 Sep '16 02:43
    Originally posted by mchill
    Yes and no. It's true that Conservative Americans are more likely than Liberal Americans to oppose the immigration of non-English-speaking people, but Conservative' Americans are not more likely to live in 'gated communities, some do of course, but many more are poor people from the South and the rust belt. Regarding racism and hypocrisy among Liberal America ...[text shortened]... thin most people (though they may not admit it) so this is a case of the pot calling the kettle.
    From what I've seen, the establishment, i.e. inner city Washington DC and the media and corporate America, favor Hillary.

    Why is that?