It's that simple.
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 22:50
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    It's that simple.
    This is the kind of clear, succinct communication we need in this forum. This is leadership.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 22:51
    Yeah, that doesn't even make sense. See Obama is a person, and Greece is a country.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    24 Oct '12 23:103 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Yeah, that doesn't even make sense. See Obama is a person, and Greece is a country.
    Sorry Kunsoo. I aplogize, I was having a flashback to the Obama t-shirt where he replaced the field of fifty stars with the Obama 'O'. Still trying to get over that one. Please allow me to remove the anthropomorhosis from the sentiment and replace it with this statement:

Why Republicans? Because Obama will destroy American wealth at a rate seen only in the Great Depression, and because he will implement economic policies so catastrophic that economic growth in this country will be destroyed for a generation.

If America reelects Obama, he will:

1) Destroy the ability and incentive for small business to create jobs. Businesses at all levels in the US are so worried about the regulations that the Obama administration has imposed, and will impose, that they do not feel comfortable hiring. For the first time since 1939, the number of new bank charter applications in 2012 (projecting to the end of the year) is zero. Small businesses (with 50 employees or fewer) are refusing to expand because they do not want to be subject to Obamacare.

2) Have a direct, and immediate, negative impact on the take home pay of hourly workers. Independently owned fast-food and restaurant franchises are reconfiguring their employees' work hours to ensure they work less than 30 hours per week. With fewer than 30 hours per week, these employees are not full-time and will not be eligible for health benefits.

3) Under his own, most optimistic projections, Obama will create an additional $4 trillion of debt, bringing the total debt owed by American to $20 trillion. When - not if, when - interest rates return to historic levels of 4% or thereabout, the size of our debt payments will be equal to the size of our defense budget. There is no percentage at which "rich" people can be taxed that can pay for this. Which leads me to:

4) Obama will raise taxes on the middle class he says he wants to protect. He will have no choice.

5) Destroy Medicare, in the near-term. There simply isn't the money.

6) Continue such radical leftist policies that political compromise will continue to be impossible. Because of the political gridlock he will help create - he won't be entirely responsible for it, there will be a whole lot blame on the far right - America's credit rating will suffer another downgrade. This one will hurt, though. Interest rates will go up this time. This leads to:

7) Force us to pay our higher debt levels, which, guess what - means that not all of the social programs that Democrats have compromised America's security with an a criminally disingenuous attempt to buy power will be able to be paid for. Do you know what that's called?

8) Austerity. And you see how well austerity is going over in Greece, right?

Apologies if my overarching comments resulted in some grammatical errors (to the blessed soul out there who is going to point out that "...he will 8) Austerity..." is not a properly formed sentence.)

EDIT: But - remember. Obama doesn't want you to worry about Michelle and him, because they'll be ok.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 00:10
    Sorry Kunsoo. I aplogize, I was having a flashback to the Obama t-shirt where he replaced the field of fifty stars with the Obama 'O'. Still trying to get over that one. Please allow me to remove the anthropomorhosis from the sentiment and replace it with this statement:

Why Republicans? Because Obama will destroy American wealth at a rate seen ...[text shortened]... r. Obama doesn't want you to worry about Michelle and him, because they'll be ok.
    You do realize that austerity is being imposed on Greece by economic conservatives?
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 00:23
    You do realize that austerity is being imposed on Greece by economic conservatives?
    I do, and let's talk about that austerity. This is what they're rioting against, among other things:

The raising of the retirement age from 50 to 52, for those people 25 and under;

The downsizing of the imm ensely bloated civil service sector;

The removal of restrictions placed on entering, among other professions, trucking (current licensed Greek truckers had to pay a fee to get licensed and they don't want the barriers to entry removed);

The rollback of employment laws and policies protecting workers to make firing (and thus, hiring) easier;

And certainly, the persistent 25% unemployment rate afflicting young Greeks. Which, it can be reasonably argued, is at least partially the result of the aforementioned policies.

So - in America, austerity would look like taking one out of three or four government workers and canning them. I worked for the federal government for five years, in the defense sector and in a command that operated closest to a capitalist business model (we were not a line item in the Congressional budget, we sought out our own funding), and I'm here to tell you, even that department was very bloated indeed.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 01:07
    Because the liberal economic policies have failed miserably.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:441 edit
    Funny you should mention Greece. For you see, Greece also championed deomcracy. They were so sure that their form of government was superior, that they tried to foce it upon Sparta. In the end a war ensued because of this that lasted a long time and helped bankrupt Greece and put an end to their prosperity.

To be blunt, looking at past Republican behavior and Democratic behavoir I can see little difference between the two. Both spend like drunken sailors and both run off to wars abroad impoverishing us more with a utopian twinkle in their eye because they are spreading "democracy". Well it appears that democracy just got a US ambassador killed. Go figure.

On the one hand, it seems as though Romney shows more promise in regards to cutting spending domestically. However, Romney also seems more gung ho in fighting wars abroad. As a result, I can't help but feel that either way we are screwed.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:46
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Because the liberal economic policies have failed miserably.
    Now, now, just because democrats can't pass a budget and not one democrat voted for Obama's suggested budget does not mean they have failed miserably. It simply means that they still have some shame left in them to not pass a budget for the taxpayer money that they wish to spend. Do you really want to see them blush?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:51

Why Republicans? Because Obama will destroy American wealth at a rate seen ...[text shortened]... r. Obama doesn't want you to worry about Michelle and him, because they'll be ok.
    In the end conservatives will be blamed and all we can know is that capitalism simply does not work. LOL.
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 02:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    Funny you should mention Greece. For you see, Greece also championed deomcracy. They were so sure that their form of government was superior, that they tried to foce it upon Sparta. In the end a war ensued because of this that lasted a long time and helped bankrupt Greece and put an end to their prosperity.

To be blunt, looking at past Republican behavi ...[text shortened]... in fighting wars abroad. As a result, I can't help but feel that either way we are screwed.
    I actually think, for the first time in a long time, that Romney is the right man at the right time. But the appeal of your Libertarian streak is not entirely lost on me.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 04:04
    I actually think, for the first time in a long time, that Romney is the right man at the right time. But the appeal of your Libertarian streak is not entirely lost on me.
    That is because freedom is a universal language. You get brief glimpses of it at times but history dictates that mankind prefers slaves instead.

Personally, I don't think he will be given the chance. I suppose some hope is better than none though.
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 04:21
    That is because freedom is a universal language. You get brief glimpses of it at times but history dictates that mankind prefers slaves instead.

Personally, I don't think he will be given the chance. I suppose some hope is better than none though.
    I don't think he will either. I dare not hope. The second best part if he wins will be watching Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow straining to find a way to disapprove of his running of the country. The best part will be, of course, enjoying eight years of a well run country on its way back to prosperity.
  14. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 04:45
    In the end conservatives will be blamed and all we can know is that capitalism simply does not work. LOL.
    "In the end conservatives will be blamed and all we can know is that capitalism simply does not work."

Capitalisk works fine. It's too bad we don't have it in the USA - instead we have crony capitalism - which doesn't work any better than communism.
  15. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Oct '12 04:47
    "Why Republicans? Because Obama will destroy American wealth at a rate seen only in the Great Depression, and because he will implement economic policies so catastrophic that economic growth in this country will be destroyed for a generation"
    You really don't have a clue do you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree