Originally posted by Kunsoo
Yeah, that doesn't even make sense. See Obama is a person, and Greece is a country.
Sorry Kunsoo. I aplogize, I was having a flashback to the Obama t-shirt where he replaced the field of fifty stars with the Obama 'O'. Still trying to get over that one. Please allow me to remove the anthropomorhosis from the sentiment and replace it with this statement:
Why Republicans? Because Obama will destroy American wealth at a rate seen only in the Great Depression, and because he will implement economic policies so catastrophic that economic growth in this country will be destroyed for a generation.
If America reelects Obama, he will:
1) Destroy the ability and incentive for small business to create jobs. Businesses at all levels in the US are so worried about the regulations that the Obama administration has imposed, and will impose, that they do not feel comfortable hiring. For the first time since 1939, the number of new bank charter applications in 2012 (projecting to the end of the year) is zero. Small businesses (with 50 employees or fewer) are refusing to expand because they do not want to be subject to Obamacare.
2) Have a direct, and immediate, negative impact on the take home pay of hourly workers. Independently owned fast-food and restaurant franchises are reconfiguring their employees' work hours to ensure they work less than 30 hours per week. With fewer than 30 hours per week, these employees are not full-time and will not be eligible for health benefits.
3) Under his own, most optimistic projections, Obama will create an additional $4 trillion of debt, bringing the total debt owed by American to $20 trillion. When - not if, when - interest rates return to historic levels of 4% or thereabout, the size of our debt payments will be equal to the size of our defense budget. There is no percentage at which "rich" people can be taxed that can pay for this. Which leads me to:
4) Obama will raise taxes on the middle class he says he wants to protect. He will have no choice.
5) Destroy Medicare, in the near-term. There simply isn't the money.
6) Continue such radical leftist policies that political compromise will continue to be impossible. Because of the political gridlock he will help create - he won't be entirely responsible for it, there will be a whole lot blame on the far right - America's credit rating will suffer another downgrade. This one will hurt, though. Interest rates will go up this time. This leads to:
7) Force us to pay our higher debt levels, which, guess what - means that not all of the social programs that Democrats have compromised America's security with an a criminally disingenuous attempt to buy power will be able to be paid for. Do you know what that's called?
8) Austerity. And you see how well austerity is going over in Greece, right?
Apologies if my overarching comments resulted in some grammatical errors (to the blessed soul out there who is going to point out that "...he will 8) Austerity..." is not a properly formed sentence.)
EDIT: But - remember. Obama doesn't want you to worry about Michelle and him, because they'll be ok.