1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 15:40
    http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/the-conservative-misinformation-feedback-loop-contd

Recently someone here brought up the "IRS is goin' to throw you in jail for not havin' health insurance" lie. I called it a lie. If you can't get the facts straight about a simple point like this why should anyone take you seriously? (No one should.)
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 16:03
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/the-conservative-misinformation-feedback-loop-contd

Recently someone here brought up the "IRS is goin' to throw you in jail for not havin' health insurance" lie. I called it a lie. If you can't get the facts straight about a simple point like this why should anyone take you seriously? (No one should.)
    So what choices do you have for people who don't obey the law? You either fine them or garnish their wages or throw them in prison. So I suppose if they do not pay their fine you could follow them around for the rest of their lives garnishing their wages. Sounds great to me!!
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 16:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what choices do you have for people who don't obey the law? You either fine them or garnish their wages or throw them in prison. So I suppose if they do not pay their fine you could follow them around for the rest of their lives garnishing their wages. Sounds great to me!!
    We already fine people for not having a mortgage or not having any kids. There are various punishments for those who choose not to pay their taxes.
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Apr '10 18:17
    The law that was passed specifically states that there are no penalties and no criminal charges. So, in this case, if you don't have insurance and choose not to, the government can do nothing about it. Is that simple enough? You are not being forced to do anything. Anyone who tells you different is a liar and you should learn the lesson from that - they are an unreliable source and you can't believe anything they say.
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Apr '10 01:261 edit

Well...there are a lot of angry Republicans these days. These folks have been used to getting there own way for 8 yrs. under Bush. I guess spreading lies was to be expected. 😏
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    12 Apr '10 06:29
    The law that was passed specifically states that there are no penalties and no criminal charges. So, in this case, if you don't have insurance and choose not to, the government can do nothing about it. Is that simple enough? You are not being forced to do anything. Anyone who tells you different is a liar and you should learn the lesson from that - they are an unreliable source and you can't believe anything they say.
    Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz explained to Chris Matthews that health care insurance isn't mandatory. "The IRS will just assess you differently"

🙄

"The IRS will just assess you differently"

🙄🙄🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree