1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 02:15
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do you seriously think that a movie will "bring cultures together" or reduce conflict in the world? don't be daft.
    If you read the OP you'll see that it's film producer Barrie Osborne who thinks that the movie will "bring cultures together" and not me. But your "don't be daft" thing was excellent debating nevertheless.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]If you read the OP you'll see that it's film producer Barrie Osborne who thinks that the movie will "bring cultures together"
    Lets be honest about one thing here, its his job to sell the movie. My guess is that the mere controversy will bring in $$$. The only question remains, what will be the cost to him personally, if anything? On the one hand, the more controversial it is the better the sale, however, the more controvesial the more likely he will have to enter a witness protection program of some kind.

The things people do for money.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 12:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    The only question remains, what will be the cost to him personally, if anything?
    I disgree. I think there are a whole range of questions that remain.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 16:33
    Barrie Osborne, the next Salman Rushdie. is that guy out of hiding yet?
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 17:11
    Lets be honest about one thing here, its his job to sell the movie. My guess is that the mere controversy will bring in $$$. The only question remains, what will be the cost to him personally, if anything? On the one hand, the more controversial it is the better the sale, however, the more controvesial the more likely he will have to enter a witness protection program of some kind.

I wonder how many suicide bombers will view the movie at the theater? You could not pay me enough to go into a spot showing this flick!
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 18:16

you hit the nail on the head.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree