Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 03:38
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/01/10/report-obama-wants-become-un-secretary-general-netanyahu-doing-everything-he-can-stop-him

I'm thinking it is true. I can't imagine Obama just going away. He will continue to torcher us all.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 07:56
    Seems really unlikely that Obama will succeed in becoming the Secretary General even if he wanted to (for which we have just a report in a "Kuweiti newspaper" as evidence). All of the Secretaries-General (except for the first one) have been from "minor" nations and the Security Council will surely block the appointment of any American candidate. There has never been an Eastern European one so I suspect the next one might come from there. Maybe someone like Donald Tusk?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 11:532 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Seems really unlikely that Obama will succeed in becoming the Secretary General even if he wanted to (for which we have just a report in a "Kuweiti newspaper" as evidence). All of the Secretaries-General (except for the first one) have been from "minor" nations and the Security Council will surely block the appointment of any American candidate. There h ...[text shortened]... rn European one so I suspect the next one might come from there. Maybe someone like Donald Tusk?
    Obama says, "If you like your secretary General, you an keep your secretary General." 😵

Nothing to worry about.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama says, "If you like your secretary General, you an keep your secretary General." 😵

Nothing to worry about.
    Shame to see a joke (albeit a weak one) spoiled for the lack of proper punctuation. The capital G is also inappropriate.

"If you like your secretary, general, you can keep your secretary, general."

guffaw guffaw ho ho ho choke [dies]

(The joke dies...geddit?)
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 03:34
    http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/01/10/report-obama-wants-become-un-secretary-general-netanyahu-doing-everything-he-can-stop-him

I'm thinking it is true. I can't imagine Obama just going away. He will continue to torcher us all.
    I am sure he will devise some diabolical plan. 😏
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 09:011 edit

I think you should become the next Secretary General Whodey. You could dazzle the world with your fine command of the english language. (Torcher? It's torture Whodey)🙄
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 14:21
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Shame to see a joke (albeit a weak one) spoiled for the lack of proper punctuation. The capital G is also inappropriate.

"If you like your secretary, general, you can keep your secretary, general."

guffaw guffaw ho ho ho choke [dies]

(The joke dies...geddit?)
    It's a little disconcerting, Finn, that even in your jokes, you come off as arrogant and condescending.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 15:11
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think you should become the next Secretary General Whodey. You could dazzle the world with your fine command of the english language. (Torcher? It's torture Whodey)🙄
    Maybe he is referring to Flame Thrower. 😀
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 23:291 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    It's a little disconcerting, Finn, that even in your jokes, you come off as arrogant and condescending.
    Goodness. Was I arrogant and condescending in my fairly insipid but nonetheless humorous joke directed at Whodey? I thought I was managing to restrain my (undoubted) contempt from erupting into something more disagreeable, which is not at all the case in your arrogant and (in your fantasy) condescending response of course.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 23:33
    I love me a good cyberspatial donnybrook.