1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 15:282 edits
    Donald Trump made many campaign promises about creating blue collar jobs, by various means. i.e. renegotiating trade deals, doing away with government regulations, tariffs on imports etc. As an Independent, I'm content wait a year to see if this will actually happen, but I have to say, it's not looking promising. Most of these jobs are at the mercy of market forces, it's doubtful any gerrymandering by a sitting President can alter them. Does anyone here really think Trump will deliver on putting these unemployed steel and coal workers back to work in their chosen fields?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/energy-environment/a-
    bleak-outlook-for-trumps-promises-to-coal-miners.html?_r=0

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/11/04/why-donald-trump-fail-bring-back-factory-jobs/93278546/
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 15:33
    Originally posted by mchill
    Donald Trump made many campaign promises about creating blue collar jobs, by various means. i.e. renegotiating trade deals, doing away with government regulations, tariffs on imports etc. As an Independent, I'm content wait a year to see if this will actually happen, but I have to say, it's not looking promising. Most of these jobs are at the mercy of market ...[text shortened]... usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/11/04/why-donald-trump-fail-bring-back-factory-jobs/93278546/
    You don't sound very content to wait and see.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 15:37
    Originally posted by JS357
    You don't sound very content to wait and see.
    You might consider reading the links and drawing your own conclusion, and if I may suggest, you don't know much about me, or my state of "contentment." 😉
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 16:44
    Originally posted by mchill
    Donald Trump made many campaign promises about creating blue collar jobs, by various means. i.e. renegotiating trade deals, doing away with government regulations, tariffs on imports etc. As an Independent, I'm content wait a year to see if this will actually happen, but I have to say, it's not looking promising. Most of these jobs are at the mercy of market ...[text shortened]... usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/11/04/why-donald-trump-fail-bring-back-factory-jobs/93278546/
    No, he will not deliver anything but a Gestapo government.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 16:48
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    What does it pay?
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 22:193 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    What does it pay?
    Well, there is supposedly around 1.2 trillion left in the Social Security Trust Fund. I'm sure the Dump would give you at least $50.00 out of that when he and the Republicans steal the rest of the money in there.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 22:44
    Well, there is supposedly around 1.2 trillion left in the Social Security Trust Fund. I'm sure the Dump would give you at least $50.00 out of that when he and the Republicans steal the rest of the money in there.
    Yes, the only thieves in Washington are Republican

How did you get to be so brilliant?
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 23:042 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, the only thieves in Washington are Republican

How did you get to be so brilliant?
    Show me a Democrat in Washington that wants to get rid of Social Security brilliant one.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 01:18
    What do you call Obaba's 50 Czars?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree