Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 10 Dec '13 21:50 / 2 edits
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-wind-bald-eagles-20131207,0,48217.story#ixzz2mrUA3ldG

Apparently wind farms in the Western United States are killing the endangered bald eagle. However, due to the fact that these wind farms are "green", this is being overlooked and allowed by the Obama administration. In fact, it is estimated that these wind farms kill over half a million birds a year.

Here we go again, exceptions to the rule of law based upon political leanings, just like Obama wanting to make exceptions to the ACA by personal edict.

So exactly where do these Presidential edicts begin and end? Could the President exempt anyone anytime from the rule of law and have it be declared Constitutional?
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    11 Dec '13 15:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-wind-bald-eagles-20131207,0,48217.story#ixzz2mrUA3ldG

Apparently wind farms in the Western United States are killing the endangered bald eagle. However, due to the fact that these wind farms are "green", this is being overlooked and allowed by the Obama administration. In fact, it is estimated that these wind farms kil ...[text shortened]... the President exempt anyone anytime from the rule of law and have it be declared Constitutional?
    Calm down whodey, there is a solution for all this. It's called a lawsuit. I'm sure the legal process will deal with this.
  3. 12 Dec '13 13:57
    Originally posted by bill718
    Calm down whodey, there is a solution for all this. It's called a lawsuit. I'm sure the legal process will deal with this.
    LOL. The Judicial branch is merely a stooge of the regime in power. This apples for any regime around the world at any point in history.
  4. Subscriber Ponderableonline
    chemist
    12 Dec '13 14:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    LOL. The Judicial branch is merely a stooge of the regime in power. This apples for any regime around the world at any point in history.
    And I thought it pears....
  5. 12 Dec '13 14:12
    Should we call this Obama's war on birds, specifically, the war on America's iconic symbol the Bald Eagle?