Standard memberQuarl
Debates 15 Oct '14 11:34
  1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 00:08
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That would not have looked good to the world.
    I believe that is why he did not do it. But I doubt that it looked good to the world when he invaded Iraq either. He was duped into believing he would be looked upon as a liberator by the Iraqi people.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '14 23:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The excuse for the war wasn't that there were some Iraqis that knew how to produce such weapons but that the Iraqi government was actively creating them. That claim was blatantly false.

EDIT: "Indeed, the facts and Iraq's behavior show that Saddam Hussein and his regime are concealing their efforts to produce more weapons of mass destruction."

US S ...[text shortened]... Colin Powell at the UN February 5, 2003

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/feb/05/iraq.usa
    I believe this is the official document that led to GW's war

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President🙂

Consistent with section 3(b) of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public Law 107-243), and based on information available to me, including that in the enclosed document, I determine that:

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic and other peaceful means alone will neither (A) adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq nor (B) likely lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and

(2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

Sincerely,

GEORGE W. BUSH

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030319-1.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree