Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    23 Nov '12 21:07
    What's the problem? She has rights. It was her right to choose to kill her baby.

Mother Charged with Murdering Newborn; Claims Stabbing was Accidental

A newborn is dead after a young mother tried to cut the umbilical cord.

Authorities in Athens, Georgia say the mother told detectives she accidentally cut the infant's throat while she was trying to cut the umbilical cord.

That's according to search warrants recently filed in the case against 21-year-old cassandra norwood, who is being held without bond.
    The search warrants also revealed norwood hid her pregnancy from relatives.

Authorities say norwood delivered the baby in a bedroom.

Norwood is being charged with murder.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Mother-Charged-with-Murdering-Newborn-Claims-Stabbing-was-Accidental-179730421.html
  2. 23 Nov '12 23:00
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    What's the problem? She has rights. It was her right to choose to kill her baby.

Authorities in Athens, Georgia say the mother told detectives she accidentally cut the infant's throat while she was tryi ...[text shortened]... headlines/Mother-Charged-with-Murdering-Newborn-Claims-Stabbing-was-Accidental-179730421.html
    I bet she voted for Obama
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    23 Nov '12 23:19

Authorities in Athens, Georgia say the mother told detectives she accidentally cut the infant's throat while she was tryi ...[text shortened]... headlines/Mother-Charged-with-Murdering-Newborn-Claims-Stabbing-was-Accidental-179730421.html
  4. 23 Nov '12 23:19

Her mistake was she did not cut its throat BEFORE coming out of the womb

Geesh.
  5. 23 Nov '12 23:48
    The difference between baby killing and an abortion is obvious to anyone who spends half a second thinking about it and does not suffer from massive brain damage. If can`t figure it out yourself, try figuring out in which of those two categories you are,
  6. 23 Nov '12 23:58
    It's a shame abortion is illegal in the USA. This will change the woman's life.
  7. 24 Nov '12 00:01
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    It's a shame abortion is illegal in the USA. This will change the woman's life.
    Abortion is legal in the US, and abortions change the lives of every woman who has one in some way.
  8. 24 Nov '12 00:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Abortion is legal in the US, and abortions change the lives of every woman who has one in some way.
    Oh, I heard it was only legal under strict circumstances, but I may be misinformed.
  9. 24 Nov '12 00:03
    Originally posted by Barts
    The difference between baby killing and an abortion is obvious to anyone who spends half a second thinking about it and does not suffer from massive brain damage. If can`t figure it out yourself, try figuring out in which of those two categories you are,
    In the cited case, it appears the difference was a few seconds, and/or a trip to a clinic that did partial birth abortions.

Glad for your total clarity on the matter.
  10. 24 Nov '12 00:07
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    Oh, I heard it was only legal under strict circumstances, but I may be misinformed.
    In some places some restrictions. In others, almost none. If the decision to abort is made early, almost no restrictions anywhere in the US. Still the decision leaves scars on every woman.
  11. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 Nov '12 00:23
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Explain to me why four weeks earlier, when her fetus could have survived outside her womb, it was her absolute right to kill her fetus. Now what she did is immoral, illegal, and ghastly.

Tell me why.
  12. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 Nov '12 00:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Barts
    Is it obvious? Do you know what happens during a partial birth abortion? Very little difference - except that in a PBA, the baby actually has her brains sucked out of her skull. Now you perform a partial birth abortion in late-term pregnancies. Four weeks ago this woman could have made the choice to kill a viable fetus with no repercussions, for no other reason than she didn't feel like having a baby anymore. That baby was just as viable then. Why is it a crime now?

Since 'm brain damaged, maybe you can explain. Speak slowly and use small words.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    24 Nov '12 00:27
    Explain to me why four weeks earlier, when her fetus could have survived outside her womb, it was her absolute right to kill her fetus. Now what she did is immoral, illegal, and ghastly.

Tell me why.
    You and norm are grossly misinformed on the laws regarding abortion. Viable fetuses cannot be aborted in ANY State absent exceptional circumstances i.e. they are necessary to save the woman's life.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    24 Nov '12 00:29
    Is it obvious? Do you know what happens during a partial birth abortion? Very little difference - except that in a PBA, the baby actually has her brains sucked out of her skull. Now you perform a partial birth abortion in late-term pregnancies. Four weeks ago this woman could have made the choice to kill a viable fetus with no repercussions. That b ...[text shortened]... ime now?

Since 'm brain damaged, maybe you can explain. Speak slowly and use small words.
    If you are going to have such strong opinions, it would really behoove you to actually have some knowledge of the subject you are ranting about. You obviously don't have any knowledge of abortion law.
  15. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 Nov '12 00:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You and norm are grossly misinformed on the laws regarding abortion. Viable fetuses cannot be aborted in ANY State absent exceptional circumstances i.e. they are necessary to save the woman's life.
    If that's the case, then I'm glad you corrected me.