Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Jan '12 16:37
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/30/obama_tells_woman_her_husband_shouldnt_be_unemployed_according_to_him.html

    They should have these more often.

    These chats where politicians have to answer real questions from real people on the spot are great.
  2. 31 Jan '12 20:31 / 1 edit
    Oooooo he got grillllllllllllleed!

    Actually my take on that is it was a reasonable and intelligent question that received a thoughtful and direct response, which is rare coming from a politician.
  3. 31 Jan '12 20:48
    It was also interesting to see in the link you provided sh76, the disingenuous commentary the poster of that video included.

    And by the way, that very exchange was the first video that popped up when I went main page http://www.whitehouse.gov/

    Nice to see a President who doesn't solely highlight softball exchanges.
  4. 31 Jan '12 20:50
    Cool, I'm glad you posted this because I didn't even know about this event.

    If any of you who aren't just looking for cheap shots want to watch the whole thing (lots of Q & A) it's right here. I'm watching now.

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/01/30/president-obama-hangs-out-america
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Jan '12 21:00
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Oooooo he got grillllllllllllleed!
    Relax.

    This is not an attack on the President.

    Getting "grilled" means getting questioned in a tough manner.
  6. 31 Jan '12 21:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    Relax.

    This is not an attack on the President.

    Getting "grilled" means getting questioned in a tough manner.
    Perhaps you can explain to the infinitely stupid people at Homeland Security what "destroy" means!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810312
  7. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    31 Jan '12 21:06 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Relax.

    This is not an attack on the President.

    Getting "grilled" means getting questioned in a tough manner.
    I wonder if she actually sent in the dude's resume. If the POTUS called you about some unemployed engineer and sent you his resume wouldn't you pretty much have to hire the guy?
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Jan '12 21:22
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I wonder if she actually sent in the dude's resume. If the POTUS called you about some unemployed engineer and sent you his resume wouldn't you pretty much have to hire the guy?
    He can't intercede with a private company on behalf of one guy who, for all he knows, may be an incompetent buffoon. That was just wriggling out of a silly question.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Jan '12 21:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Perhaps you can explain to the infinitely stupid people at Homeland Security what "destroy" means!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16810312
    I'd try, but first I'd have to teach them how to spell "Twitter."