1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 07:03
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47524518

Hell yeah. That’s a super-hero flick I’d definately go see.
    I just want to applaud Gadot and Sela on standing up against racism!

Do you agree that this is good news from the Israel election front?

Excerpts from 2 BBC articles:
    Israel's Supreme Court has disqualified the leader of the far-right Jewish Power party, Michael Ben-Ari, from next month's elections.
    In doing so, it overturned an earlier decision by the electoral committee.

And:

The court also reinstated Israeli Arab parties previously banned from contesting the 9 April poll.

And:

Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot has become embroiled in a row with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the status of the country's Arab minority.
    "Love your neighbour as yourself," the Israeli actress said, amid wrangling over the role of Israeli Arab parties in upcoming polls.
    Mr Netanyahu caused a stir when he said Israel "was not a state of all its citizens", referring to Arabs who make up 20% of its population.
    He cited a "nation-state" law.
    The legislation sparked controversy last year.
    The spat began on Saturday, when Israeli actress and TV presenter Rotem Sela challenged comments made by Culture Minister Miri Regev in a TV interview about the role of Arab parties in the 9 April general election.
    Ms Regev repeated a warning by her and Mr Netanyahu's right-wing Likud party that voters should not choose its main rivals because they might form a governing coalition that included Arab MPs.
    "What is the problem with the Arabs?" Sela questioned in an Instagram story.
    "When the hell will someone in this government convey to the public that Israel is a state of all its citizens and that all people were created equal, and that even the Arabs and the Druze and the LGBTs and - shock - the leftists are human."
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '19
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 11:40
    I'm not bashing the original post. I'm sure it's one of the few good times an actress spoke up about the world considering she is Israeli.

But...

When acting was in its infancy an actress had the same social status as a prostitute.
    (Fact)
    Now they think they know what's best for the world.
    "I get paid to play pretend so listen to me! I am a social justice warrior!"

I find acting and dancing to be the most retarded things humans can do.
    Yes I know they get paid a lot. That doesn't validate anything. Hitmen get paid a lot too. Does that validate their occupation?

We as humans idolize the wrong people.
    Nobody cares what the smartest people in the world are saying but if some chick who wears a ridiculous wonder woman costume says something then people listen.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 14:57
    @shavixmir said

Israel's Supreme Court has disqualified the leader of the far-right Jewish Power party ...[text shortened]... ed equal, and that even the Arabs and the Druze and the LGBTs and - shock - the leftists are human."
    nothing to see in this thread, just another case of a liberal allowing a movie actor to guide them.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 16:03
    @shavixmir said

Israel's Supreme Court has disqualified the leader of the far-right Jewish Power party ...[text shortened]... ed equal, and that even the Arabs and the Druze and the LGBTs and - shock - the leftists are human."
    If wonder woman was a Zionist you would hate her as well, even in a string bikini.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 16:04
    @mott-the-hoople said
    nothing to see in this thread, just another case of a liberal allowing a movie actor to guide them.
    Trump. Israel, Trump, Israel, Trump, Israel........................

It's just what they fixate upon.

If it were not for Trump and Israel, the world would be a utopia.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 21:13
    @shavixmir
    I wonder what would happen if Wonder Woman threw her Lasso of Truth over him.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 22:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 22:24
    Good grief... a wee bit of critisism of Israel and the trolls are out to feast!

Dear oh dear... must have hit a trailer-trash nerve.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 22:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree