1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 16:47
    A bizarre Twitter quote from conservative Wall Street Journal columnisth John Taranto.

"I hope the girls whose boyfriends died to save them were worthy of the sacrifice".

Is it full moon or something? The incident has really brought a slew of nutcases out. Does it really matter that someone brought a 3 month old to the movie? Do the parents somehow "deserve" what they got?

We've really gone off the deep end lately.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 21:19
    I look at Twitter - and Facebook too - and despair of humanity. I'm glad I'm too old to care.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 21:57
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I look at Twitter - and Facebook too - and despair of humanity. I'm glad I'm too old to care.
    I agree. I wonder if the species can adapt so quickly.
  4. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    25 Jul '12 23:48
    Now one of the survivors (who as best I can tell was uninjured), Torrence Brown Jr, is suing the movie theater. Sue the innocent, because you'll get nothing out of the guilty. Yeah that's always a good policy.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/wake-tragedies-lawyers-step-colorado-shooting-survivor-plans-172430871.html?_esi=1

I also love the one about suing the movie producers. Just days after you purchase the product, you suddenly decide it's the cause of injustice. Tragedy (or the promise of great riches?) tends to change your direction, I guess.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '12 00:06
    Originally posted by WoodPush
    Now one of the survivors (who as best I can tell was uninjured), Torrence Brown Jr, is suing the movie theater. Sue the innocent, because you'll get nothing out of the guilty. Yeah that's always a good policy.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/wake-tragedies-lawyers-step-colorado-shooting-survivor-plans-172430871.html?_esi=1

I also love the one ab ...[text shortened]... justice. Tragedy (or the promise of great riches?) tends to change your direction, I guess.
    Innocence and liability are two different issues. However, I don't think you have proximate cause here. Perhaps it would have been a good idea to check the fire escapes between each movie, but the liability has to be tailored to a forseeable danger, and I doubt a jury will find that the theater should have predicted that a gun massacre would take place if they left the exit door open.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree