1. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 06:44
    According to CNN, Wyclef has already filled out the necessary paperwork to become a candidate in Haiti’s elections

That's politics for you, but is this for publicity? I heard that he has family in the Haitian government. Can't Haiti elect someone with experience in government leadership/administration? Wyclef Jean of the Fugees??? Ugh! 🙁
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 11:18
    Originally posted by eljefejesus
    Can't Haiti elect someone with experience in government leadership/administration? Wyclef Jean of the Fugees??? Ugh! 🙁
    Haiti probably will elect someone with experience. Standing and being elected are two totally different things. But its a democracy, so they can elect him if they want to.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 16:37
    According to CNN, Wyclef has already filled out the necessary paperwork to become a candidate in Haiti’s elections

That's politics for you, but is this for publicity? I heard that he has family in the Haitian government. Can't Haiti elect someone with experience in government leadership/administration? Wyclef Jean of the Fugees??? Ugh! 🙁
    and if that doesn't work, he's decided he'll run for Captain of the Titanic.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 16:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    but that's not until 2012.
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 03:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Haiti probably will elect someone with experience. Standing and being elected are two totally different things. But its a democracy, so they can elect him if they want to.
    They certainly can elect who they want, but we don't have to like it 😀
    I think he may have a chance if he runs, fame can be a source of respect, look at oscar arias in costa rica and schwartzenegger in california, and not least of all jesse ventura in minnesota, etc.
  6. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 03:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    Not bad, good one (see, I didn't even make any puns about animals and word choice)
  7. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 03:58
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    but that's not until 2012.
    True, because THEN Haiti will be in trouble 😀
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 05:34
    I'm not betting on it working out for the best, but if his charisma can somehow get factions in the deeply divided Haitian body politic to sit down and talk then that will be something. However, Haiti needs someone who can lead a drive towards good governance too and as Wycliff apparently offers nothing on that front, the administration that would get by voting for him remains an unknown quantity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree