1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 03:21
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106711/wyoming-drawing-doomsday-plan-fail-United-States.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Wyoming state representatives have voted to create a doomsday government task force in the event the state must self sufficienty operate during a national economic or political collapse.

Passing on its first reading, House Bill 85 would permit legislation on issues like alternative currencies, food distribution, and possible state military drafts.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 03:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106711/wyoming-drawing-doomsday-plan-fail-United-States.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Wyoming state representatives have voted to create a doomsday government task force in the event the state must self sufficienty operate during a national economic or political collapse.

Passing on its first reading, House Bill 85 woul ...[text shortened]... on on issues like alternative currencies, food distribution, and possible state military drafts.
    Didn't you watch Jericho?

When there's a nuclear annihilation, the new government of the western US will be in Cheyenne.

Obviously, this is a state that knows how to prepare for the apocalypse.
  3. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 05:51

Passing on its first reading, House Bill 85 woul ...[text shortened]... on on issues like alternative currencies, food distribution, and possible state military drafts.
    "Not the first state to propose the brainstorming of alternative currencies in recent years, at least 11 others have proposed legislation for their own legal tender in the instance federal dollars become worthless.

'I think we're in the process of inflating a dollar bubble that could be very devastating,' said North Carolina Representative Glen Bradley, R-Youngsville, early last year during his own legislative proposal according to the News Observer.

In addition to North Carolina, lawmakers in Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Utah and Washington have also proposed legislation in accepting currency of silver and or gold."

===

So there is a movement to return the US to the gold standard 41 years after Nixon took us off it. Good idea? We've had nothing but deficits since then.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 11:09
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    "Not the first state to propose the brainstorming of alternative currencies in recent years, at least 11 others have proposed legislation for their own legal tender in the instance federal dollars become worthless.

'I think we're in the process of inflating a dollar bubble that could be very devastating,' said North Carolina Representative Glen Bradl ...[text shortened]... 41 years after Nixon took us off it. Good idea? We've had nothing but deficits since then.
    So 11 other states wear tin foil hats too, eh? You would think Ron Paul would at least win these states. 😛

As far as the gold standard, however, the left will fight it tooth and nail. After all, it would mean the end of the nanny state because they would then be forced to actually pay for it.

Game, set, match.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 18:09
    So 11 other states wear tin foil hats too, eh? You would think Ron Paul would at least win these states. 😛

As far as the gold standard, however, the left will fight it tooth and nail. After all, it would mean the end of the nanny state because they would then be forced to actually pay for it.

Game, set, match.
    Ya there are a lot of kooks in the state legislatures. I remember the uproar in preparation for y2k in 2000. As for a suggestion to return to the gold standard, the vast majority of seasoned economists across the political spectrum (not just the left) view such a suggestion as stupid.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 23:52

No surprise to see Neocon elected officials using tax payer dollars for political fear mongering instead of serving the people. Thank you, whodey for bringing this to our attention but the fact that they're such a disgrace to this country isn't exactly news.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    28 Feb '12 00:07

Doomsday Government? Well...This is clearly the highest and best use of there time in Wyoming. I see the taxpayers haven't wasted there $$$ on this! 🙄🙄🙄
  8. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '12 01:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    Doomsday Government? Well...This is clearly the highest and best use of there time in Wyoming. I see the taxpayers haven't wasted there $$$ on this! 🙄🙄🙄
    Please, I guarantee the legislature has spent time on much dumber things than this. If pressed I could probably find examples.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    28 Feb '12 03:49
    ...alternative currencies...
    They could use cow chips. Or better yet blow jobs. God knows they could use them up there.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '12 05:24

Whew! The wackos are in a frenzy!

I wonder if Wyoming is importing a higher than usual share of the nation's tin foil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree