Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 Mar '15 09:37
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/01/20/four-months-ago-obama-called-yemens-war-on-terror-a-success-now-the-yemeni-government-may-fall/

It was only months ago that President Obama declared Yemen to be a "success" on the war against terror. Of course, that was before Shiite rebels overran the failing government. Obama praised Yemen because they helped participate in the war against the much feared Al Qaeda in the region. However, many at the time questioned this assessment and realized that Yemen was on the brink of becoming an all out terrorist state like Shiite Iran.

For me this highlights the clueless nature of the Obama administration when it comes to foreign policy. This is especially important as Iran is on the verge of obtaining nukes via Obama's pending agreement with Iran. In fact, other countries in the region like Jordon are rumored now to want nukes.

At the end of the day, Obama and company have no real accomplishments in their foreign policy. In fact, the exact opposite could be said other than making the once ally Israel a US enemy of sorts. Places like Libya where Obama meddled as he was pressured by European nations to attack, are now but terrorist hell holes.

So how do those here envision the future of the Middle East? How soon will the region be infested with nuclear weapons now, and will Israel and/or the US pay a high price for that infestation as terrorists continue to topple governments in the region?
  2. 26 Mar '15 10:17
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/25/abc-reporter-pushes-back-against-wh-press-secretary-over-counterterrorism-claim-thats-astounding/

Apparently the Obama administration is not backing down. They still see Yemen, whom Saudi Arabia is currently bombing, as a model of success in the region.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    26 Mar '15 12:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/25/abc-reporter-pushes-back-against-wh-press-secretary-over-counterterrorism-claim-thats-astounding/

Apparently the Obama administration is not backing down. They still see Yemen, whom Saudi Arabia is currently bombing, as a model of success in the region.
    Yes Whodey....we know (yawn) Obama is once again the incarnation of every possible evil. Obama was not the least bit responsible for bringing our troops home from the quagmires in Iraq and Afghanistan, saving hundreds of billions of $$ and countless lives, nor is he the least bit responsible for the killing of Osama Bin Laden, and the capture of his computer, files and details of his network (it must have been space aliens that did this...right?)

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize Whodey, but in fact, so much information is classified regarding the middle east, so it's difficult to have a really informed opinion about it. Well...difficult for everyone but you of course!
  4. 26 Mar '15 12:36
    Originally posted by bill718
    Yes Whodey....we know (yawn) Obama is once again the incarnation of every possible evil. Obama was not the least bit responsible for bringing our troops home from the quagmires in Iraq and Afghanistan, saving hundreds of billions of $$ and countless lives, nor is he the least bit responsible for the killing of Osama Bin Laden, and the capture of his computer ...[text shortened]... t to have a really informed opinion about it. Well...difficult for everyone but you of course!
    Going off on wild tangents again?

The issue is Yemen. Why did Obama see them as a "success" 4 months ago, and more importantly, why is he now not backing down when the country is in flames?
  5. 26 Mar '15 14:04

The issue is Yemen. Why did Obama see them as a "success" 4 months ago, and more importantly, why is he now not backing down when the country is in flames?
    "Going off on wild tangents again?"
    they are relevant.

let me adjust your point to be closer to reality:
    "Obama and company have no real accomplishments in their foreign policy (except that time where he managed to kill osama and getting troops out of iraq and all the stuff we didn't get to hear about that obama administration managed to prevent)"

yes, as long as you ignore him catching america's most wanted, he didn't really do much.

tell me, what did bush do?
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    27 Mar '15 09:40

"When reality changes I change my opinion. What do you do sir?" JMK
  7. 27 Mar '15 11:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Going off on wild tangents again?"
    they are relevant.

let me adjust your point to be closer to reality:
    "Obama and company have no real accomplishments in their foreign policy (except that time where he managed to kill osama and getting troops out of iraq and all the stuff we didn't get to hear about that obama administration managed to prevent)"

y ...[text shortened]... ore him catching america's most wanted, he didn't really do much.

tell me, what did bush do?
    So Obama killed Bin Laden, a terrorist. However, he calls Iran a terrorist state and then begins a path for them to obtain WMD's.

It's like giving Bin Laden nukes.

As for Bush, he was an Obama clone.
  8. 27 Mar '15 17:05 / 1 edit
    So Obama killed Bin Laden, a terrorist. However, he calls Iran a terrorist state and then begins a path for them to obtain WMD's.

It's like giving Bin Laden nukes.

As for Bush, he was an Obama clone.
    "So Obama killed Bin Laden, a terrorist. However, he calls Iran a terrorist
    state and then begins a path for them to obtain WMD's."
    i am not going to address any post that contains this blatant lie anymore. i am tired of stating, over and over again, that obama doesn't want that, nobody wants that, and you are looking like an idiot for suggesting that.

if you would be a reasonable person, not an alarmist suffering from paranoia, you would understand that a deal with iran for nuclear power plants can and will be conditioned by regular inspections. that nobody would give them technology to enrich the uranium themselves. that it can be conditioned that iran stop researching uranium enrichment in exchange for nuclear power.
    if you would look for actual information (that i got in 2 minutes) , you would understand that as of now, iran is actually getting the short end of the stick, having to make all kinds of concessions just to have sanctions suspended and probably for the promise of more benefits later.

there are all kinds of details that an agreement between the US and iran would have. you haven't discussed any of them. instead you go on a slippery slope not towards the worst case scenario, but towards one that assumes Obama is an idio AND an absolute monarch that cannot be controlled by anyone AND willing to personally deliver nukes to iran. gift wrapped. a scenario so mindbogglingly retarded that it seems a script for a straight to dvd movie.
  9. 27 Mar '15 19:21
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/01/20/four-months-ago-obama-called-yemens-war-on-terror-a-success-now-the-yemeni-government-may-fall/

It was only months ago that President Obama declared Yemen to be a "success" on the war against terror. Of course, that was before Shiite rebels overran the failing government. Obama praised Yemen be ...[text shortened]... ay a high price for that infestation as terrorists continue to topple governments in the region?
    America voting in a "black" president was a landmark achievement for your nation and his campaign for 'healthcare for all' was a huge statement of social equality in a capitalist world. Your persistent narrow-minded political perspective does neither you nor your fellow Americans any favours.
  10. 28 Mar '15 05:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    America voting in a "black" president was a landmark achievement for your nation and his campaign for 'healthcare for all' was a huge statement of social equality in a capitalist world. Your persistent narrow-minded political perspective does neither you nor your fellow Americans any favours.
    This is about the policies of Obama, not the color of his skin.

Why is it OK to demonize blacks who are conservatives I wonder? Clarence Thomas comes to mind and a whole host of others.

The depravity and self righteous partisan thinking is beyond my grasp.

Speaking of black men running for President, how about Ben Carson? He would be the first full blooded African American. In fact, he also came from poverty, unlike Obama who is half white and lived an upper middle class life in Hawaii.
  11. 28 Mar '15 07:30
    This is about the policies of Obama, not the color of his skin.
    Interesting how you follow up this comment with random ranting about various politicians' skin colour.
  12. 28 Mar '15 20:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Interesting how you follow up this comment with random ranting about various politicians' skin colour.
    Interesting that you can't understand his point.
  13. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    28 Mar '15 22:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Interesting that you can't understand his point.
    Why do you say KN could not understand whodey's racist point? Which one of his racist points are you referring to by the way? It seems to me that KN understood the racist point perfectly well and pointed out that it was racist.
  14. 28 Mar '15 22:30
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Why do you say KN could not understand whodey's racist point? Which one of his racist points are you referring to by the way? It seems to me that KN understood the racist point perfectly well and pointed out that it was racist.
    If you think the point was racist, then you don't get it either.

Why do I think neither of you understand the message? It is because both of you are liberals and can't see past your ideologies.
  15. 29 Mar '15 01:02
    Originally posted by finnegan
    But it wasn't.