1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:07
    After the town hall meeting in Iowa, Sanders was asked if he will raise taxes to which he answered "Yes, but...".

Do you think what follows matters? or do you, like some media networks (that are impartial and in no way pro clinton) think the "Yes" is enough.

http://mic.com/articles/133481/bernie-sanders-we-will-raise-taxes-yes-we-will#.JbkKH19XL

"If you are paying $10,000 to a private health insurance company and I say to you, hypothetically, you're going to pay $5,000 more in taxes, but you're not going to be paying any more private health insurance, are you going to be complaining about the fact that I've saved you $5,000 in your total bills?" Sanders asked host Chris Cuomo.

the fact that under bernie's plan the public is going to ultimately save money wasn't mentioned in the headlines. it was buried somewhere in the middle of the article.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:15
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    After the town hall meeting in Iowa, Sanders was asked if he will raise taxes to which he answered "Yes, but...".

Do you think what follows matters? or do you, like some media networks (that are impartial and in no way pro clinton) think the "Yes" is enough.

http://mic.com/articles/133481/bernie-sanders-we-will-raise-taxes-yes-we-will#.JbkKH19XL

" ...[text shortened]... e money wasn't mentioned in the headlines. it was buried somewhere in the middle of the article.
    What if someone wants to pocket the $15,000 a year and pay for it themselves?
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:18

" ...[text shortened]... e money wasn't mentioned in the headlines. it was buried somewhere in the middle of the article.
    Every politician promises to save the people money. Does it ever happen in reality? ACA may save the few newly insureds, maybe. But nearly everyone else is paying more for healthcare, insured or otherwise.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Every politician promises to save the people money. Does it ever happen in reality? ACA may save the few newly insureds, maybe. But nearly everyone else is paying more for healthcare, insured or otherwise.
    At least Bernie is admitting that people will be paying more.

I guess Obamacare is such a failure already Bernie wants to change it all.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 22:45
    Originally posted by whodey

The ACA is better than what existed before.

A UHC would be even better.

No contradiction, no admission of "failure".
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 23:08
    "are you going to be complaining about the fact that I've saved you $5,000 in your total bills?" Sanders asked host Chris Cuomo.

Sanders is a majicaire, a miracle performer, the true believer happy clappers will fall at his feet with adoration.

No1
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 23:14
    Anyone who thinks that the President can unilaterally raise taxes hasn't read the Constitution and bases the belief on Obama's actions in regards to passing laws by fiat.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '16 23:31
    4 years ago Ron Paul got cheers on the downside potential of that option.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/tea-party-debate-health-care_n_959354.html
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 01:05
    what if someone wants to pocket another X $ a year and pay for the roads he is driving on himself?

what if someone decides he doesn't need the protection of the military, so he can just skip paying taxes for a military budget.

what if someone decides he doesn't need police, he can just hire private security. can he skip paying taxes and should the police ignore him if he gets stabbed in front of them? should the police start asking victims if they had paid their taxes before stopping their attacker(s)?

but to answer your question, that someone can't, because taxes aren't optional.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 01:10

"At least Bernie is admitting that people will be paying more."
    that's not what he said. if you would have watched the town hall meeting you would have heard the whole context.

under a single payer system, you will pay more taxes, but without paying premiums for insurance companies out to make a profit, you will save X$ dollars that you can spend on the glenn beck bobbleheads you've been always dreaming of buying

"I guess Obamacare is such a failure already Bernie wants to change it all."
    it was the best your bankrupt political system could come up with. it helped and still helps a lot of people that need health coverage while inconveniencing some people who will have to maybe only fill up 2 gas guzzler suv's instead of 3.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 01:31
    what i wanted to say with this thread is that the media is immensely biased towards hillary and they insuficiently report what bernie sanders says or takes it out of context.

this is immensely damaging if you don't bother to actually listen to each candidate's entire speech.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 01:47
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "Every politician promises to save the people money. "
    this politician promises to do something obama didn't (since you brought up ACA again).

every developed country that offers healthcare to its citizens (it's actually the citizens who offer themselves healthcare through their elected officials but let's not get technical) does something that the US never dared to. They NEGOTIATE. They tell the pharmaceutical companies that X money for drug Y is too much. They demand a lower price. In exchange, the company that wins a contract gets exclusive rights to supply said drug or said medical item.

No drug company bankrupted because of this practice. They still make huge profits. American drug companies sell in Europe. They sell in Canada. They obey the country's regulations. Do you honestly think they would operate at a loss in Europe?
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 02:11
    what i wanted to say with this thread is that the media is immensely biased towards hillary and they insuficiently report what bernie sanders says or takes it out of context.

this is immensely damaging if you don't bother to actually listen to each candidate's entire speech.
    You are the last person to be preaching this, it is sound advice but coming from you it's all dirtied up, hollow, hypocritical.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 11:592 edits
    "At least Bernie is admitting that people will be paying more."
    that's not what he said. if you would have watched the town hall meeting you would have heard the whole context.

under a single payer system, you will pay more taxes, but without paying premiums for insurance companies out to make a profit, you will save X$ dollars that you can spend on th ...[text shortened]... nconveniencing some people who will have to maybe only fill up 2 gas guzzler suv's instead of 3.
    And if I like my Glenn Beck bobbleheads, I will be able to keep those bobbleheads.

Got it! 😵

Lie to voters once, sham on you. Lie to them twice, sham on the tard voters.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 12:05
    And if I like my Glenn Beck bobbleheads, I will be able to keep those bobbleheads.

Got it! 😵

Lie to voters once, sham on you. Lie to them twice, sham on the tard voters.
    lie? lie what? aaa, you are back to obama bashing.

we are talking about bernie, please keep up

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree